Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinkin bout puttin my car back on the stock steelies for time being, but the tires are worn, i dont want the skinny tires tat come witht he car i want somthin a bit grippier and wider got ne sugestions, and its a 2000 accent if u guys dont kno already,

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
for a 13 inch. ur not gonna find much. u'd be better off finding some stock steelies off of a honda that are 14 inch.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Agreed your 13" selection is pretty lame. I would go at least 14's if you want steel back on and then you have any number of choices.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I use Yokohama AVID Tourning on my steelies. They grip nicely in snow.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I'd use the Sumitomo HTR 200 in 205-60-13. They have enough sidewall flex to fit, and you dont have to worry about them being summer tires in Florida. $42/tire from tire rack.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I second the Sumitomo HTR-200. I have them on my car right now! While they don't give super amazing grip, they grip far beyond what my LC's suspension can take.

I went with 185/60R13. The 205 just seemed too wide for my taste on a 5 inch wide wheel. Also, the sidewall would be very tall. The 185/60R14 has quite a short sidewall.

I found the sidewalls stiffened up quite a bit after some experimentation with tire pressures. I'm running 44psi front 43psi rear and it seems like a nice balance.

All in all, I love the tires, and they are hella cheap!! I've put about 6000kms on them and they still look new. Last long, grip well. Very happy.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
The 205-60-13's are the same overal diameter as the stock 175-70-13.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so the Sumitomo HTR 200 are good for all around driving?, im just lookin for smthn to put on when im not at car shows, the 17's and tires are too much for me to b drivin on right now, and the gtas milage sucks atm

[Edited by LilGuy2146 on Oct 24, 2005 1:25 PM]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts