Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Red Hood
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Red Coupé

Don't know if my pic showed up but i was just wondering if the Gorilla fenders were only made for the 96 Tibs? I got them on my 01 Tib and need to find another set cause someone backed into me.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
not sure but you an easily get them fixed. anyone who is into body work should be able to fix them for cheper than getting new ones.

Looks badass!

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Well where did you get the set that's on the car now? Did you buy the car with them already on it?

Also, I had 2 sets of those fenders, the first set needed bodywork after my car was crashed, so I sold them to another tib owner who worked at a marine body shop, and was able to fix them. The other pair I have is still on my car. As far as I know, there weren't many pairs of these fenders made. They are no longer made and impossible to find anywhere.

So, your best bet would be to take them to a reputable bodyshop to have them repaired. If you don't want to be bothered getting them fixed, you could always throw a stock set of fenders on the car, and if you wanted to sell the damaged set, I may consider buying them from you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guy that owed the car b4 me put his name in a drawling and was 1 of 10 people to get a set. I just talked to shark racing and they said they could get me another set. Hopefully they are reilable for $600 a set and $500 shiping

·
Banned
5,451 Posts
$1100 for a set of fenders?!?!?!? Screw that! Not only are you over paying by such a massive amount (it would probably cost a quarter of that to have a body shop repair them), but you also more than likely will be waiting 6-12 months (or longer) if you order from SR.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
No, DO NOT trust Shark Racing. They have a history of ripping people off, taking their money and then not delvering the product. $1100 is a complete rip off even if you do get teh fenders, which, you won't, because they are no longer made. The company that originally made them tanked years ago. Bring the damaged fenders to a bodyshop, they should be able to fix them for under $500. I repaired my first set of gorilla fenders TWICE, and my new pair has already been repaired once. They are very good quality fenders, very thick fiberglass. If you can, post some pics up of the damage and I'll tell you if its worse than mine were or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts