Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys got a question got the car serviced the other day now i have noticed a wired sound when changing gears only noticeable in 1st and second if i dont do a smooth gear change.

Its like metal hitting metal sound if i do smooth changes and smooth accelarations i hear nothing but sometimes in third if im about to go full throttle but for some reason dont i hear the sound so i push accelerator to floor the suddnely release all together..

What is it is my engine going to detonate???????????

·
Registered
631 Posts
Sounds like it could be your 1st to 2nd synchros, but I want to clarify.

It makes this noise on wide-open, 1 to 2 shifts, and only then.
If you are going easy on the gas, lower RPMs, it doesn't?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Gimp
[body]
Sounds like it could be your 1st to 2nd synchros, but I want to clarify.

It makes this noise on wide-open, 1 to 2 shifts, and only then.
If you are going easy on the gas, lower RPMs, it doesn't?
[/body]
it also makes a noise in third if i floor the accelarator and then release it rel quick you know when it makes the car jerk it then makes the noise as well.

RPMS dont really matter it only happens if i dont smooth gear change or if i dont smooth accelerate i can still plant foot and the car will go if i ease of the accelartor no noise happens.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Why is this in the Forced Induction forum, I wonder. Moving to Accent Forum.

What was the car in for service for?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was in service as oil pressure light came on so i wanted the oil filter changed and also change over oil....

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
hmm sounds like either a cv joint problem, or a worn motor mount problem as it only happens when the engine is jerked on its cradle. Engine noises are noticible at all rpms, and either make bad thumping sounds, rapping sounds or the like.

However, it can also be a main bearing issue that is barely beginning, probably due to the low oil pressure. Pop the hood, turn it on and let it idle and listen for any subltle thumping noises coming from the engine. Then snap the throttle wide open and comleately release it. If the sound is made when you do this something bad might have happened to something metal inside.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i let the car idel heard nothing out of the ordinary then i hit the throttle and released it and no sounds were evident maybe now im thinking more towards the engine mount.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts