Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 04 accent...and I was wondering since my car does not have a tach in the cluster...if I could buy a cluster off ebay or junk yard and use it?...and...is it considered fraud if i make the milage on the new cluster the same as the old?

thanks

[Edited by mindlessdoubt on Jan 29, 2006 9:53 PM]

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
If you bought an 04 you should have a tach. The LC2 gauge cluster has a tach on the left side.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm...I don't remember seeing one when I test drove it...I think i would deff noticed it..cause I try not to go above 3000rpm...I could be wrong though...and I can't just go out and check...cause it is still at the dealership...getting the rear bumper painted...I'll be back in the next few days with an update...

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Atrimble's right. As far as I know, all LC2's (2003-05) have tachometers. Not all LC's (2000-02) came with tachometers though, I do know that for sure. As for putting in another cluster (if for some weird reason there's no tach.), I think there's some way the dealership can record your mileage information and put it on the car's record in order to prevent anything illegal. Do a forum search...you might find something.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
The 03-05 GT's have Tachs.. while some of the others dont. This has been covered a bunch of times. Use the 'Search' button and search for Accent Gauge Swap or Accent Gauge and you'll turn something up.

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Jan 30, 2006 10:27 AM]

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Originally posted by attist178
[body]
Atrimble's right. As far as I know, all LC2's (2003-05) have tachometers. Not all LC's (2000-02) came with tachometers though, I do know that for sure. As for putting in another cluster (if for some weird reason there's no tach.), I think there's some way the dealership can record your mileage information and put it on the car's record in order to prevent anything illegal. Do a forum search...you might find something.
[/body]
No not all LC2's have tachs. a base model LC2 doesn't have a tach. atleast 2003s didn't.... err maybe i gotta one-of-a-kind :hmmm:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Then they must have changed it after 2003, because a buddy of mine has an absolute base model from 2004, and it has a Tach.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I know base model 03 cars didn't have tachs. They don't make an equivalent to the old base model anymore, so I don't know. The 03 base model was really bare.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmm...ok...Hopefully I pick up my car tomorrow...providing it gets the rear bumper painted...then I will see...if It dosn't Ill post some pics...to prove it...but thanks...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Then it definately would be possible to buy a different guage cluster and put that in there. As long as its from the same year you wont have any troubles. Its the great thing about hyundai. Even if an option isnt included in your car there will always be the correct wires for it in there already anyway.

All you should need to do is plug it in and away you go.

--Aaron--

1 - 11 of 11 Posts