Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought some of your HP guys would get a kick out of this:

Board Message

HA Member is running close to 300 horses out of his 1.6 Alpha. :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
well not suprise i was looking into turbo my 1.6 and called few tuning shop in korea they were asking 11000 shipped for whole engine with fully done internal with turbo and it was done like 2years ago

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
just saying its doable seing as all thes Beta swap guys were too into the fact that the Alpha was "too weak".

·
Registered
502 Posts
I would say that it all matters how much money somebody would want to invest into a car.
generaly speaking smaller motors have bigger hp gains from less FI parts,
but that dosnt mean they are more powerfull.
I have heard somebody say that the alpha engine is "better" then the beta engine, and I have also heard that somebody had made an alpha put out 600 hp(no clue how Im guessing masive custom work). dont ask my souces its all on this site.
then again I have also seen somebody rip apart a beta and do a **** load of custom work and have the engine put out 1000 hp

·
Registered
324 Posts
you need a phenolic thermal intake spacer. It is an intake manifold spacer I manufacture for the 1.6 DOHC. It keeps heat from transfering from the head to the intake manifold. After drivin for a while you ever try to put your hand on the intake manifold? Hot as hell right? With this you can place your hand on there and not get burnt. Works good for turbo cars. Ask fintile, 187sks, and some others who have purchased them. $55 shipped

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/sale-wanted/81137-hyundai-accent-1-6-dohc-themral.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts