Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone here managed to wire in a Haltech Miniceptor, or (interceptor 2) into an LC2 accent ?

i have one at home and have been told it will fit, but i'm having trouble with the wiring.

if anyone has done this, can you provide a wiring diagram ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
hi medic, sorry for my 2 years late reply!! i have a hyundai accent lc, and i've just installed the miniceptor on it just today
what exactly do u need? or have u done the job, since the post is terribly old :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've PM'd him on our site here in Aus, to see if he still has it!

Do you have the US spec 12 valve SOHC 1.5/1.6 (MAF sensor)engine or the 16 valve DOHC 1.6(MAP sensor) that medic has?

Haltech were unable(in Aus) to get it functioning on Medic's car-they did try pretty hard I believe.

·
Registered
50 Posts
nope, i have the 1.5 SOHC MAP engine. by the way, i got all the wirings from Hyundai Service Website, which is the USA website, but it described my car in every bit correctly, and it had no reference what so ever to a MAF being involved.

to be honest, i didn't wire up the MAP sensor to the haltech, but i have all the basic connections made and running good... i also customized the hyundai tiburon's base map, that comes with the haltech software, and i have the car running smooth now, no throttle lag, no check engine light... nothing whatsoever

do let me know if anyone needs any help as i perfectly understand what every one will be having, regarding trouble with this car, and i myself have been working on it since last december to get it to work!

next step for me is starting to tune the little toy... if u have any tips i'd be glad to hear them

btw, i have no turbo, at this stage, just a custom manifold running down 2" pipes with free flow exhaust, a K&N air filter, ngk iridiums and a few tweaks here and there :)

thanks

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
better late then never !

ha, when we were intstalling it to my LC2 it worked using the MAP sensor, we could change both the air and fuel ratios, but we had dramas trying to find the correct crank angle sensor wire to hook up the ignition timing.

we eventually gave up as i ran out of time.

however i still would like to know what you did, espically with the ignition.

cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
sorry guys for not replying back quickly... i'm just cooked up at work now...
i'll post my reply later tonight

·
Registered
311 Posts
The 1.5 SOHC is MAF-mass airflow meter-this is the black tube between your airbox and manifold with the wires coming out of it.

Never seen or heard of a MAP 1.5 SOHC anywhere in the world, but please if you have a pic of your engine bay showing the MAP sensor in your plenum chamber, please enlighten us!

·
Registered
50 Posts
hmmm... well, the black tube that connects the air box to the manifold is but a tube :D with a resonator connected to it, and there are no wires what so ever coming out of it :)
as for the picture, i'll do this tonight

also, if you check Hyundai Service Website, you'll find that there is no MAF in the 1.5L SOHC, there is only a MAP sensor, and an IAT sensor, integerated in one spot in the manifold

i'll upload the pix, and u could have a look, who knows, maybe i'm wrong! :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
i found an old image on my pc... there goes, let me know ur thoughts

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
hi guys, sorry for my rather late reply, got cooked up @ work :D
so anyways, i'll be free (hopefully) to answer any questions from here on.
regarding medic's question about the crank angle sensor's wiring, or CPS (crank position sensor) for that matter, it was quite simple...

Now, the CPS is connected to the ECU via two wires, one of which carries the signal, while the other is the grounding.
The signal wire is number 34 on the ECU, while the ground wire is number 15 on the ECU as well. All u've gotta do is detach ur ECU, look at the pin numbers on it, and you could figure them out from the OEM wire loom feeding the ECU.

Now that that's cleared out of the way, you will need 4 wires off ur Haltech miniceptor, which are DIGIN1/28/Green, DIGOUT1"Rel +"/8/Blue-Yellow, Rel Ground/24/Grey-Black and DIGOUT1"Rel -"/23/Blue-Green

After that comes the connections:
CUT both OEM wires mentioned earlier, and do the following connections:

DIGIN1/28/Green <===> Wire 34 (Sensor side)
DIGOUT1"Rel +"/8/Blue-Yellow <===> Wire 34 (ECU side)
Rel Ground/24/Grey-Black <===> Wire 15 (Sensor side)
DIGOUT1"Rel -"/23/Blue-Green <===> Wire 15 (ECU side)

If you have all the other connections connected correctly as you say, this should get your car up and running without problems, just load the default base map "def.imp", and the car should start normally.

IF it helps, I used the Tiburon's map, tweaked it a little, and got my car to work without problems, intercepting the throttle as my load index, and gathering readings from my O2 sensor, which is Haltech as well :)

Please let me know if you find this useful, and please don't hesitate if you have any further questions, i'm always glad to help out a fellow accent-er ;)

P.S. if I dun reply quickly, it's just my work :) but i'll attend to ur post(s) ASAP

Thx...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts