Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been thinking about tightening up my car a bit, i'm prolly gonna go with the easy stuff first, front and rear tie bars, maybe a trunk brace if i can fit one in there. who knows, since im gonna end up custom fabbing anything i use i might be able to get some good **** to work.

What do you guys have? what works? what doesnt? please post up pics of any really cool custom fab stuff, or feel free to share the ideas you have been tinkering around with in your head

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
My setup:
Front Strut Bar
Rear Strut Bar
Ksport Coilovers (set at hardest setting)

Outcome:
Awesome handling.

·
Registered
502 Posts
all I really did was swap my springs to get a 1.5" drop and put a front sway bar.
the springs were really stiff so I got some super handling out of that.

at stock I would do 90 degree turns at 20mph and hear small screeching tire notices, and now I do 90 degree turns at 40mph and don't hear a single thing.
I would test my cars handling limits but no bucket seats make all the centripetal force annoying as hell.:D

I'm thinking about a rear sway bar right now because I love getting into my car and feeling better control, but would the rear bar help that much?

·
Registered
453 Posts
eibach lowering springs with the gr2 gas struts & front strut brace, front & rear swaybars. riding on stock 13" wheels. Handles fine... rain or shine:) rear sway bar a must!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Most noticable upgrade fro the LC accent would be the rear sway bar from whiteline...

Recommended setup is basically:
Rear sway bar
Front strut brace...

Those 2 things will give you the most noticable handeling upgrade...
But new shocks such as the gr2's will go a long way too...

Cheers
scythe

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ksport coilovers
Front strut bar
Rear adjustable sway bar

Still finding the perfect setting, but right now, it handles like a beast except the back end is prone to breaking loose because I have very little spring movement in the back. I'd say loosening the springs a bit in the front and back and setting a slight negative camber for front and back would give the perfect handling. I have had these coilovers for such a long time that I actually prefer having tighter springs, just feels like you have more control.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
for good handling and some decent ride comfort without the stiffness of k-sports..

upgrade your front sway bar and lowering springs..
a stiff rear end can increase risk of snap oversteer espeically on a rear end of a lightweight hatchback with no weight in the rear.

·
Registered
706 Posts
TAK82 said:
for good handling and some decent ride comfort without the stiffness of k-sports..

upgrade your front sway bar and lowering springs..
a stiff rear end can increase risk of snap oversteer espeically on a rear end of a lightweight hatchback with no weight in the rear.
Yeah and having a larger front sway bar without having a larger rear will case massive understeer. I don't know what snap oversteer you are talking about.. i had a whiteline rear on my car and it never felt like it wanted to break loose at anytime

·
Registered
596 Posts
What benefit does the front sway bar give??

I know a front strut will slightly increase torque steer...
Rear sway will decrease body roll...
But what does front sway bar do?

Cheers
scythe

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
it sure doe's, it increase's roll stiffness by putting more load on the tires..if you upgrade to a sway bar but still have the lousy 175 tire's on it..of course' it'd understeer..

get some 16x7 wheels with 205/40/R17 and you'll in grip heaven.

oh and..Upgraded sway bar and stock tire's are more understeerish in the wet.

·
Registered
520 Posts
front/rear fixed whiteline swaybars
front strut bar.

very happy with the handling now!

just remember a good suspension setup is useless without good tires.

·
Registered
392 Posts
TAK82 said:
it sure doe's, it increase's roll stiffness by putting more load on the tires..if you upgrade to a sway bar but still have the lousy 175 tire's on it..of course' it'd understeer..

I have bigger wheels and Yokohama AVS ES 100s, the Eibach springs, front strut bar, and rear sway bar. I'm happy the way it is for now :)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
TAK82 said:

hmmm. 17 inch tires on 16 inch wheels??

·
Registered
63 Posts
No dood... you should get 17 inch rims with 305/15/22s and you'll be totally glued to the road man trust me. On rails. I've fit this setup on a lot of guys cars and they win all their races now it's amazing. I don't know why everyone doesn't do it. (Sorry I'm a dick... it was probably just a typo)
Anyway.. stiffen up the REAR a and you'll decrease your underSTEER. It's poetic.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
ryanolson said:
hmmm. 17 inch tires on 16 inch wheels??
i meant 16's..oops..

a good wheel choice for value and lighweight is rota or nippon f2's..$400 plus shipping on ebay..

·
Registered
502 Posts
there isn't much of a difference if you do not have a front strut bar, but all you guys say the rear strut bar is a must so I just ordered one from Kspec.
thing I don't like about Kspec, SharkRacing, and KDM is that its super slow to get it shipped here.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts