Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
theres a rapid velocity performance chip on ebay i saw claiming +35 HP...
it seemed a little sketch to me for 24 bucks just wondering if anyone has tried it out

·
Registered
453 Posts
Waste of money! buy a short ram air intake instead.:)

·
Registered
498 Posts
xflip14 said:
theres a rapid velocity performance chip on ebay i saw claiming +35 HP...
it seemed a little sketch to me for 24 bucks just wondering if anyone has tried it out
Only company I know of that claims a true performance chip fo rthe Accents is PowerChip, but they are still waiting for the data fil for thier programmer. But they expect any where from 10-20HP depending what you have doen to your ride and all.

·
Registered
332 Posts
i have tried one of them chips for [email protected]#$ and giggles and yes they are a waste of money all it did was turn my mil lamp on and set a code for iat sensor voltage high or something like that and i lost power

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
maccent98 said:
i have tried one of them chips for [email protected]#$ and giggles and yes they are a waste of money all it did was turn my mil lamp on and set a code for iat sensor voltage high or something like that and i lost power
That's because the chip attempts to modify the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensor voltage output to the computer, so that the computer thinks the air coming into the engine is colder than it really is, meaning it dumps more gas into the cylinders. Basically, it makes the car run rich...which is what you don't want.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
i'm planning on buying a remapped ecu and sfr beta ecu adapter for my car..if i get a chance to sell one of my kidneys that is :LOL:

sfr claim's increase in horsepower, torque, mileage and a 700 more rpms to play with..

I think with the colt cams and 4-2-1 headers, my car'd make around 145-165 horsepower

·
Banned
1,316 Posts
if modern engines WERE tuned that badly that you could squeeze 30hp out of them by simply modifying the air/fuel mixture i think the manufactures would figure this out pretty quickly and retune the damn thing. lets see, more power, better fuel economy...that means time to sell more cars!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts