Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some of those reverse halo gauges for my 99 tibby. While I was installing them I noticed the the speedo didn't fit right and neither did the gas/water temp gauge. You know that little peg that keeps the speedo needle in place when you are at zero? well the hole for that in the new gauge was not in the right spot, it was off by maybe a millimeter(enough to cause problems) All the idiot lights (battery, check engine, oil) on the gas/ temp gauge was blocked by the new gauges because all the holes weren't in the right spot. These are the right gauges, they match what they are supposed to be but its these small things that prevented the needles from moving.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
you got the wrong ones.

the "cf grid" ones are meant for the 97-99 and the solid circle halo ones are meant for the 00-01.

the pegs are easy to fix. i just cut them off, and superglue them where they needed to be. warning lights are a bit more complicated. you can cut circles around them on the stock faces and glue them to the backs of the reverse ones, but the lighting still wont be right.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe I should get the cf grid ones those look better:D what I am doing is I was actually able to cut a hole for the peg in the white face gauges, I tested them and they still work I may attempt to widen the holes for the indicator lights and see how that goes. I just dread having to go back and take apart that dash, dealing with the heater/ AC controls are a tough task.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts