Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wilburisthecoolest said:
In what!??!

An elantra? Yes, but it was the Korean 2.5 V-6. Seen it too.
2.7L Tiburon V6 in a 1998 Hyundai Accent. I dont know the dimensions of the engine to know if it would fit or not but like I said, its probably impossible, cause if it was possible I think someone would have already done it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Marc Bennett said:
2.7L Tiburon V6 in a 1998 Hyundai Accent. I dont know the dimensions of the engine to know if it would fit or not but like I said, its probably impossible, cause if it was possible I think someone would have already done it.
If this swap was impossible then why am I getting this swap done to my 00 Accent within the next month. Yea in mid Dec. I'm dropping the 2.7L Tiburon V6 into my Accent. It's called "custom swap" if you guys are afraid of cutting or even if no cutting is required, then try custom making parts. Well anyway I've asked away about this swap for almost a year now and got no results if anyone has done it well I'm gonna be the first and I have $7.612+ that says this swap is going to happen. So once the car is done you guys can be amazed because the so called "impossible" was made possible. I'll post pics once it's done.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright!!! Someone with the common knowledge and alot of money to finally do this swap! I think having 170HP under the hood of an Accent is pretty keen and dont be surprised if you get on the cover of a magazine!! Good luck to you and I hope eveything goes smooth.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Its been done, your not the first in the world. Koreans have done it. If you search around long enough you might find the pics. Also just about every swap for a hyundai is custom. Who makes a kit for ANYONE who has swapped a hyundai?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The only thing i would worry about is the handling of the car. I'm pretty sure the car will have a lot of understeer with this engine. Pretty much like a H22 swapped civic, great in the straight but not so great in a curve.

Anyway, I think it's cool that you're actually doing it. The car will be a pretty good sleeper with the 2.7 under the hood. BTW, try to look around to find the new version of the 2.7 with the CVVT heads if you can. The new Kia magentis has it and i think that the latest tiburon might have it also. It's rated at 185hp instead of 173hp.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
you can do the 2.7 v6 swap, but i can do a beta swap which is much more simple to do and have resources on this website. Then i will turbo the beta engine and spank you a new bumhole. It is not about having a huge engine, the fact of the matter is simplicity. You can spend the $7,000 and get a nicely built beta engine for turbo, then get it tuned / dyno'd and be well over 170 HP to the wheels. The problem with all that HP on a FWD car is trying to keep it from spinning the tires and getting traction. Good luck though. I still admire your originality. Please don't take offense to my comment as it is only my opinion on what i would do with $7,000. I would also like to see the swap once its done, hell i might like to see it in person because i live in FL so let me know. have fun

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I know of a shop that says they've done one. They said they had to make custom inner fenderwells and strut mounts to do it but that it wasn't too amazingly bad.

The reason as stated before for the Delta swap not being popular is that the Beta swap is so much easier comparatively and in truth has more potential than the Delta, nothing against the Delta.

I think the interesting swap would be the Theta 2.4L though. At 163 hp stock and sharing many components with the Caliber SRT-4 and the next Evo it's a hard combo to beat.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I agree with 187. I definitely would love to see a unique Theta swap. Those engines are BEEFY. I would hope to see someone accomplish it in a tiburon or elantra first, and then move on to try it on a accent. I think i'm going to get a beta swap for the new year. I will post up some pictures later of my auto to manual swap. Everyone that told me the manual tranny is better / faster wasn't lying. The car feels great right now. Definitely buy a manual, the autotragic is waaaay much heavier and the gearing on the auto sucked. Manual = better driving experience. Sorry to go off topic, but if you can try the THETA swap, the delta just doesn't have much potential to grow on. The THETA and BETA swaps have so much potential its known all over this board.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I still think the delta swap would be cool in an accent if you can pull it off. If your going to do a delta swap you may as well make it a mid engined car. Use the cvvt delta and go n/a. Put a firewall in right after the front seats. It would be sick. Do some bolt ons, get a good port job and raise the compression a little. Get 200whp n/a in a mid engined accent. That would be cool. The delta also sounds amazing with a performance exhaust.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
wilburisthecoolest said:
HAHAHA.. ummm, id put it in the back seat and make it Mid Engined. :D

yeah, like the renault sport clio v6 with it's mid ship V6..Kool!

·
Registered
508 Posts
RTPScoupe said:
I still think the delta swap would be cool in an accent if you can pull it off. If your going to do a delta swap you may as well make it a mid engined car. Use the cvvt delta and go n/a. Put a firewall in right after the front seats. It would be sick. Do some bolt ons, get a good port job and raise the compression a little. Get 200whp n/a in a mid engined accent. That would be cool. The delta also sounds amazing with a performance exhaust.
no delta has cvvt

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
DarkFighterX said:
If this swap was impossible then why am I getting this swap done to my 00 Accent within the next month. Yea in mid Dec. I'm dropping the 2.7L Tiburon V6 into my Accent. It's called "custom swap" if you guys are afraid of cutting or even if no cutting is required, then try custom making parts. Well anyway I've asked away about this swap for almost a year now and got no results if anyone has done it well I'm gonna be the first and I have $7.612+ that says this swap is going to happen. So once the car is done you guys can be amazed because the so called "impossible" was made possible. I'll post pics once it's done.
yeah yeah be a jerk to the only people in the world who could possibly give a rats *** about this particular endeavor

·
Registered
18 Posts
no delta has cvvt
I work at a Kia Dealership and have driven the new Magentis V6. The engine is a new version of the Delta 2.7L V6 with CVVT. The only thing i'm not sure about is if they still call it the Delta.

·
Registered
7 Posts
On Friday 12/22/06 at 1:30pm CST my 2000 Hyundai Accent went into the shop for the 2.7L V6 Delta swap. I can't wait for it to get out and photos will be coming soon.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
WytchDctr said:
wait wait wait, your having someone else do your swap after talking like that?

Do you want to tear him a new one? Or me. Id go either way on this one....

I bet he goes to the shop to get a intake installed on it too. And probally got his exhaust from a shop as well.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts