Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an LC and the hatch light stopped working one day, took it back to the place where i got the car and they "fixed" it. This was great for 2 days I think until it would no longer go off.
I undid their crappy work but still no light. Sometimes if I SLAMMED the hatch the light would go off, but that was just dumb and I figured I would just ruin something else. I'm having problems getting the hatch plastic off I feel like i'm going to break it.

Any suggestions would be appreicated.

Dead batteries are no fun, LC's may be light, but not pushing it by yourself.

·
Registered
520 Posts
so it stays on?

find where the button is that makes it go off when the hatch closes.
or take the light out with your finger and pop the bulb out.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well now it doesn't work at all since I undid what they did to fix it. I want to repair it so it works like it should on when the hatch is open, and off when its closed.

·
Registered
520 Posts
what did they do to 'fix' it? snip the line?

it's getting late now, but tomorrow I'll go take a look at my trunk.

but there should be a button somewhere along the hatch that will open the circuit to the trunk light as well as make the 'Open Trunk' light illuminate on the instrument panel.

does the 'open truck light' still work properly?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they used a bunch of wire taps it looked like a mess but it did work until It got humid from rain or snow, then it would just stay on. I took the bulb out but the light on the dash still stayed on. Finally I took one of the wire taps off and it stopped working all together, but its better than having a dead battery or having the light on, on the dash.

I don't know if its the switch or the hatch isn't latching all the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts