Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so heres' the situation, while driving under hard acceleration around 4k and up my engine cuts out and comes back and cuts outs again... Thinking it was a fuel problem from the car sitting i changed the fuel filter. to no avail that didn't work, so i changed the spark plugs and wires still no change... i'm racking my brain to figure out this problem, i'm selling my car on monday and i don't want to sell it with this issue going on....oh btw i put some fuel stabalizer/injector cleaner... could it be a problem with the TPS, i noticed while in 4th gear on my s-afc the throttle drops substancially..97 tiburon 45000miles....any and all suggestions would be helpful... thanks...

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Could be the tps, press on it and wiggle the harness to see if your idle changes at all. You could also try pulling it off and cleaning it. Is the car boosted, not sure if thats why you have an safc. Could be a boost/vacuum leak....

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car isn't boosted at all.... i reset the safc to zero.. i'll try to wiggle the wire around.... also when the car is sitting not running i can watch the sensor as i press on the gas and it seems to be working fine.....i can rev it up fine, it's just with a load on it cuts off....anyone know what the procedure for checking the coil packs is? what specs are acceptable... thanks again

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
As for checking the coil packs goto www.hmaservice.com. If you dont have a username create one real quick. Then you will be able to find out what the specs are. I used to have them stored on here but not anymore. You will be taking a multimeter and checking the resistance between certain coils.... Also be sure all safc connections are secure....

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright checked all safc connections, cleaned tps... got good spark coming from the coils.... i'm going crazy i can't figure out what the problem could be....under normal conditions it will rev through 6k, but as soon as i romp on it then it happens again...shuts down and comes back on... like it's surging....i'd hate to sell it with this problem...

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Could be your maf...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm not getting a CEL... how would i know if it's bad or not... any way to test...

[Edited by tiburon_fx_pa on Feb 11, 2006 3:27 PM]

[Edited by tiburon_fx_pa on Feb 11, 2006 3:29 PM]

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still no luck... you think it could be one of the coils???? any further help or suggestions are appreciated... thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
update: tried to drive the car without the maf sensor plugged in and it wouldn't stay running.....i'm hoping that it's just bad gas......the car sat for a long time.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts