Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm from QLD and I have a stock 2001 Accent and I'm looking to get a new head unit for it. At the moment I just have the casset player in it and it has like a rounded hole in the fascia that looks like this.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7659/pic0220045cc3.jpg

My questions are:

1) Is it necessary to get one of those mounts that makes the hole square and if it is where can I get one and how much will it cost?

2) I have done some research as on how to install a new head unit and I've come up with,This Tutorial - Hyundai Accent deck - Mobile Electronics Australia
and this: http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/347/etfb010arm3.jpg
Are these the right things to use to install my head unit and if not where can I get the necessary information?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
621 Posts
mate, the easiest way to get a aftermaket CD or DVD player into your LC is to buy an LC2 dash facia.
they have the square hole not the round one.
they cost likt $30 from hyundai, or you can find them on ebay from time to time.

if you want a part number, let me know and i can see what i can find.
or ask some of the guys on the Hyper auto forums (australian Hyundai club), as some of those guys work at aussie hyundai dealers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I purchased a compete dash facia for my car from a dealer around $90 it is the square on found on the LC2 and some LC models, but it allows the square din size decks to fit nice in there.. a little more expensive but a much better install, scythe created a D.I.Y on Hyper Australia.. to show how its removed
Hyper Auto Club • View topic - Center fascia removal (with pics)...

after that it is just a matter of unscrewing the clock knobs etc from round facia to square one..

Here is what mine looks like... I also went one step further and drilled out my brackets to allow fitting of the little surround..

Hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts