Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to get a new head unit for my 01 tiburon. i need one that has a tape player and cd player. i dont really care what it looks like, but i need both because i listen to cds and my ipod. my ipod has something that goes into the cassette player to play through my speakers. i use this because i didn't really like iTrip. does anybody know of one that would be sort of cheap? thanks

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm confused?? Why would you need to use the ipod if you get a cd head unit that can play MP3?? Just use a cd player.You can burn old cassette's onto cd.

Edit************

I'm not familiar with the ipod, but if that thing has a 1/8" stereo output jack, then you could use a cd player that has aux input.This would be a much better connection and be much better for the sound quality then the tape adapter.

[Edited by MADTIB on Sep 21, 2004 6:27 PM]

·
Registered
61 Posts
I agree, easiest way to do this would be just to get a CD player with MP3 compatability. That way, you can burn 100's of mp3's onto one CD and listen all day long, and not have to worry about the ipod setup and the not-so-great quality of cassette input from the Ipod

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o... thats a good idea to get one with an aux input. i didn't even think of that. the reason i would rather use my ipod than mp3 cds is because i can make playlists and see what is playing at the time, etc. so does anyone know of a head unit that has an aux input for my tiburon that...say...under 200 bucks? this would make it so that i would need less wires to hook up a subwoofer/amp too, right?

·
Registered
453 Posts
An aux input isn't going to make less connections.An aux input is just that.An input from another device, inyour case being the ipod.You still have the same hi/lo level outputs.And I beleive, most MP3 hu's have play lists.You can usually configure the MP3 files in different ways.

Check out Crutchfield and see if you find anything that interests you.Look for cd/MP3 units in the $300-500 range.Then,look for the same unit on E-bay.Look for one that is brand new,preferably from a 'store'.There are tons of them on there.I just ordered a Pioneer Premier that's close to the top of the line.The MSRP is $650.I got it with shipping for $398!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yup, they are nto that hard to come by, although last time I brought one was actually from a store, I've learned my lesson to go eBay now =) My old one was a JVC 50x4, ~18W RMS , aux input, and just cost me about $200 Canadian a year ago, should be able to find a good one for relatively cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts