Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering what other hyundai cars would have the same aftermarket header as the 1.6 accent?

trying to look for a header for cheap on ebay but not having much luck finding one for the accent 1.6.

·
Registered
453 Posts
That's a good question! I doubt there is a cross refrenceable header.
Evofusion's all I know, unfortunately.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've spent many hours looking ,Shark has 1 for 400, evo for less. No others I've found.

I'm having a terrible time finding cams also.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've heard( and take that with a grain of salt) that Kia has the same power plant, might try to see if the patern is the same. I'm ordering my evo set(header and exhaust) from evo in the middle of Feb. And using a hi flow cat from Jegs.

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
there are a few companys that make the header, or they did. there where 2 aus companies, and i believe 2 European companies.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have noticed that shark racing has an applications chart in the discription of their 4-2-1 header:

Application:
1996-2001 Tiburon 1.8/2.0
2003-2005 Tiburon 2.0
1996-2005 Elantra 1.8/2.0
1995-2005 Accent 1.3/1.5/1.6

i was wondering if you could find a good header on ebay say for 96-01 tiburon does that mean it should fit 1.6L accent.

i have looked at the ebay pics of the headers for the above models in the application list and the headers look very similar to the evo fuision header and shark racing header. i was going to buy a header for a 1.8l tiburon but i dident know if it would fit the 1.6l accent.

i have heard that the 1.8/2.0L motors were that same blocks as the 1.6L but they just had larger heads. so therefor exhaust ports would be the same you would think.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I doubt that it would fit. I think the one in the picture on that link looks different than my 1.6l header.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
NO the Tiburon/elantra 1.8l and 2.0l headers don't fit. At all. not at all, not even close.

The 1.6l in the US does not share a block with the 1.8l/2.0l (which do have the same block design), but in some overseas markets there is a 1.6l Beta that does share the block design with the 1.8l/2.0l which causes confusion.

The 1.6l and 1.5l share block designs, but the 1.5l SOHC doesn't have much that's of any use to the 1.6l and vice versa.

The Getz shares the 1.6l in the Accent, but as far as I know that's the only other Hyundai application worldwide at this time. The 2006+ Kia Rio shares engines with the 2006+ Accent. It's still the 1.6l Alpha but with CVVT. I haven't heard of anyone trying to fit a CVVT header onto the non-CVVT 1.6l but it's possible that it could work. It just depends on how extensively they redesigned the head. Comparing exhaust gaskets at the dealer would be adequate to see if it can bolt up, but I have no interest in doing it so someone else will have to if they're thinking about the swap. 2005 and earlier Kia Rio engines are not compatible with the Hyundai 1.6l.

The listings on websites saying the header is for a 1.6l/1.8l/2.0l are just being lazy. They make 2 headers, one for the 1.6l and one for the 1.8l/2.0l. They just list it on the same page and send you the right one based on your vehicle selection.

Evo Fusion Header

SFR Maintec Header

SFR 4-2-1 Header

Shark Racing 4-2-1 Header

Shark Racing 4-1 Header

KSPEC Maintec GT Header

KSPEC Maintec 4-2-1 Header

KFX Header

RPW 4-1 Header

It seems like I'm forgetting a manufacturer or two...I can't remember for sure.

If you have any questions ask me over on Hyundai Aftermarket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts