Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if anybody here has the 4-2-1 header and 2.25" exhaust on their 1.6l accent, and if there is a noticeable difference than the stock setup (performance wise) Any input would be greatly appreciated:)

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'm sure it will sound pretty sweet! =-)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input drtygurl. :) Anyone else have an opinion on this subject? Looking for some feedback from someone with this setup.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Never installed the flea-bay header on it, but my X3 liked its 2.25" exhaust as much as my 01 1.6L liked its exhaust. There was a noticeable gain on both cars, but I also didn't care about noise (fart cannon on the LC, no real muffler on the X3 but it was mostly an autocross car).

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the evofusion 4-2-1 header and 2.25" cat-back and the're great. It is quite loud and I do notice more response, but the header gets super hot and I think hurts my performance a bit, because I also have a short ram intake so I'm sucking in some pretty hot air. So you may want to wrap that header if you do get one or use a CAI or something.

·
Registered
463 Posts
minorglitch215 said:
im curious... thats what im about to put on my 1.5...
let me know! because i wanna do that to mine too - i just have a big fart can i wanna put on right now... its just getting someone to do it

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all. I've got the header and 2.25 exhaust, now I just have to get the high flow cat.:) I wasn't sure if it was worth all the effort, I'll let you all know after I do it.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I had the catback and I liked it. Never did install the header though...

·
Registered
67 Posts
03-Accent-03 said:
I had the catback and I liked it. Never did install the header though...

I am seriously thinking about the evofusion catback but am a bit worried about how much louder my car will get (and I hate fart cans!). How would you compare your before and after with respect to volume and pitch?

TIA

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have the header from evo fusion 4-2-1 with a 3" downpipe then a 2 1/4" from the downpipe back with no cat, res., and straight through muffler the car is crazy loud! Ive been pulled like 6 times for the exhaust and each time I get out of the ticket because I have a cheap muffler that I slide into my exhaust. The car still passes fed emis. standards due to the obd 2 light never came on in my hyundai. There is a loss of performance due to the lack of back pressure in the alpha motor, but who cares I dont warranty if my valve start to leak

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just placed my order for a 2.25" cat to go with my exhaust. I probably won't see the cat for a week or two but that's ok. I've this exhaust sitting for about a month now. $550 for header & catbat, $200 for a cat, probably another $80 for o2 bungs and o2 sensors (since I read not many people can get their o2 sensors off the original exhaust) Comming along nicely:)

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
The EF made it sound nice. Not too loud, not tinny at all, good sound.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts