Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally received the last thing for my full exhaust project in the mail yesterday.
i have a 4-1 header, downpipe, high flow cat, resonator, a nice low tone muffler, and i went and picked up about 7' of 2" pipe for everything in between. Tomorrow morning i'm going to the auto skills center on base and doing everything myself except the welding. I'll post pics when im finished.

super excited.:D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

im going to get a flange welded on the front side of the cat so if i ever want to get rid of the downpipe or whatever it will be easier...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not quite sure what you mean by what header did i get... i got that off a member from this site for $120. thats not the muffler, thats a resonator. the muffler was already on my car.

It is all put together and on my car and i love it! it sounds throatier but not excessive and there is a noticeable power gain once i hit mid to high rpms and i am very satisfied. everything took way longer than expected because it was a diy auto center and we spent half the time waiting for tools and other services.. ill get the camera in a little bit and post pics.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
with a little wd-40, the 02 sensors came right off. with it unplugged i put the round end of the wrench around it. i'm happy it wasn't as much trouble as ive read.

hourly rate of lift + hourly rate of using welder + bends/stretches = total labor cost $111.00

i need to clean my engine bay.

·
Registered
332 Posts
minorglitch215 said:

im going to get a flange welded on the front side of the cat so if i ever want to get rid of the downpipe or whatever it will be easier...
looks just like the header that i got but i had to cut the flange off the downpipe and weld the end directly to the pipe before the remaining cat

the angel eyes look good but what is the black ring around your corner lamps

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
we cut the flange off of my old down pipe and welded it to the new cat so it would bolt to the new down pipe.....

the black used to be chrome but it was flaking off so i painted it black... it doesn't look too bad, it will match when i eventually get my car painted black...

·
Registered
737 Posts
hells yeah man

everything looks like it went together very nice for you
good to see people tackling jobs themselves

I wish I had access to a welder at my shop because i'd be doing a lot more of my fabrication.

keep up the good work

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

now i need to let the engine breathe on the other end.... i've heard that with minor modification to the mounting holes... i could put a same year tiburon throttle body on..... any insight, comments on that?

of course if that was the case i would bore out the inlet of the intake manifold to match but ....... ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
header

nice install man! with that rear muffler + new headers
is there much more noise and how does it sound?

i got pacemakers 4-1 with sports muffler with 2" system installed,
not the sound i was looking for:eek: , b4 i had headers, with just the sports exhaust it sounded ok, may just get different rear muffer to change the tone?

ed

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its deffinately louder! its a deep tone not that buzzy kazoo ricer sound... it sets off the neighbors car alarm if im not paying attention.... lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts