Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so Im in the market for a header for my 97 Tib FX!! YAY!! Can anyone suggest good brands and possibly inform me on the not so good brands!?!? I dont wanna get screwed outta money here and its my first time buying a header so I dont really know which ones are worth the money and which ones are just crap!

Thanks!:D

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I would probably get myself into tooo much trouble! I have a lead foot to begin with so to slap a turbo on it would probably land me in jail! LOL!!:D

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Get a stainless steel header. I suggest 4:1 for you but either 4:1 or 4:2:1 will be fine. Do you want to do your exhaust at the same time or just the header alone and have it bolt up to the stock exhaust?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly Im not sure! I just got my profit sharing check yesterday which was $1683 after taxes thats why Im in the market now. So why do you suggest a 4:1 over a 4:2:1 what is the difference?? and how would we go about doing the exhaust?? Is there a certain type of piping we would need??

Oh forgot to mention even though I got that much $1100 of it is going to my parents for the car stuff so I still have a lil bit of spending money but I dont really wanna spend all the $500 (already spent $100 of it LOL!!)

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
4:1 is better for making max power at high RPM's and 4:2:1 makes more from low to mid RPM's.

Depending on the header you may get a nice mandrel bent downpipe as well. Depending on the piping included we may need to change nothing more on the exhaust or build custom pipe for a ways. We can do the custom pipe thing by buying mandrel bends and cutting and welding them in my garage but it'll take us forever to do it so I would have it done at a shop as long as you are running a cat. If not we'll have to do it ourselves.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh ok! Yeah I would probably do the 4:1 than still not sure bout the exhaust! I would prefer to keep the cat so not sure really how to go about with that too!! LOL!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts