Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 elantra and I was wanting to get some brighter white/bluish headlights for my car. I was looking through the owners manual, but it dosen't say anything for size of the bulb. So I was wondering if anbody had a recomondations for bulb.

·
Registered
21,319 Posts
Bluish doesn't make brighter.

HID lights have that bluish tint and they are brighter. To get that you have to buy a whole HID kit which means different bulbs all together and lots of cash.

If you don't want that, and you want brighter, then go with sylvania silverstars. They are the best bulb for the buck or PIAA which are the best bulb period but very expensive. If you want bluish, then just go buy any of the blue colored ricer bulbs you see on the shelf.

Remember, do not touch the bulbs with your hands.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've got a pair of the silverstars. Oh baby are they bright, and a very clear white as well.

Ona side note. I'm not sure of other states laws, but here in Colorado, blue headlights are illegal, as are all forward facing colored lights other than amber. So keep that in mind if you get the blue bulbs.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
you might be able to get away with saying they came with the car, specially if they're silvania's. I did

1 - 5 of 5 Posts