Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i need your guys help here, both my headlights at the top have a sort of haze look just like the top half..... not even more like 1/4th on the top of the headlight.... anyone have any suggestions how i can make it look brand new again??? i read the smoked tail light thread and it said to get rid of the haze use a 2500+ grid..... i'm not sure what to do, so can someone please help me get them looking like new again, thank you

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Is the haze on the inside or outside of the headlights? If it's on the inside, I'd say it's most likely condensation (that is, if it goes away after some time, but comes back). Outside, I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Randomly looking through the other posts, with no intention of looking for anything, I found your answer.
Originally posted by zeroindigo
[body]
found an awesome product that will get rid of that haze from wet sanding, it's from Megwires...PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish... just used it on my headlights and it makes it perfect... if you dont have access to the orbital sander, it works WELL!
[/body]
Originally posted by santana
[body]
zero, where did you get that plastic polish from? see my problem is my headlighs over time have gotten somewhat hazy on the out side, and i want ot polish them back down , would that work on it?
[/body]
Originally posted by zeroindigo
[body]
it will bring you lights back to original look, amazing stuff, you can order it from their website, or you can find it at autozone, kragen, or whatever auto store is near you, they come in little packets or in a more expensive bottle.
[/body]
It's in the Tail Light Smoking DIY: http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=62500

[Edited by attist178 on Mar 5, 2006 1:35 AM]

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks man, i'll goto autozone and ask for a megwires clear plast-X clear plastic cleaner and polish ;):

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Thats a mouthful.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
buy a Ryobi polishing set, available at your local home depot

it has 3 cloth polish wheels that you attach to drill,

2 stick's of white rouge polish"white stick"..2 sticks of cleaning polish"red stick"

when attaching polishing wheel, spin the drill and rub white rouge on it,

apply on headlight and keep polishing for 2 minute's until it become's clear..i used it on my lc headlight's and they work like a charm.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i cleaned a set of neon headlights with some heavy duty buffing compound( something with some some fine grit) then a high gloss polish

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
either case..a high speed rotary polishing apparatus will yield clear results..drill,dremel,

buffing off with towel ain't gonna help.
also a miracle on sealed beam headlight's too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts