Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

headlights

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  omeletduefromage 
#1 ·
i was searching cardomain when i saw that some accents had these black housing headlights with clear corners. anyone know where i can snag a pair or this some custom diy work? i think fintile had them

#2 ·
ebay but be careful and e-mail them before you order to see if they have them in stock. i've tried like 3 times on e-bay and turned out none of them had anything in stock. even tho it was posted on ebay......

#3 · (Edited)
or if u wanna do it yourself its not all that hard first remove all the bulbs from it careful no to touch the bulb and all u need is a headgun and go around the seem with it cause its glued and when u pull it apart if i remember correctly ull need a philips its been years sence ive done it but the amber lens pops out then u just can pull the housing out give it a light sand and paint it black or which ever color if u want to color match or what ever and put it back together same way takin it apart heat up along the seems and just be carefull, and if u dont have a heatgun them u can use an oven but i personaly did it with a heatgun so im sure some one else would be willing to share what degree and how long to put them in for, also i think theres accualy a diy thread for this but i cant give u the address cause im on my cell but i did find it and now just editing my post goto the accent diy in this forum and it will be called LC/LC2 clear corners, hope this info helps

#8 ·
I used Krylon Fusion paint and like 3 coats of cheap wal-mart glossy clear. I didn't sand very much. I just took a scotch brite pad to the bezels and scuffed them up a bit then used de-natured alcohol to get rid of any residue left over. sprayed 2 coats of paint and let dry and then sprayed a clear coat on 1 at a time about every hour or so. For blacking out the corner lenses (a few people use nite shade spray tint) I used smoked Grey vinyl on it. That way if I ever get hassled by the man I can just pull em apart and remove the vinyl. (I have had the XD done for over a year now and haven't had any issues with the law. I have my taillights tinted too, which I thought for sure would get me pulled over but the light shines though nice and even in broad daylight and the relflectors can still be seen at night from the end of my lane (about 1500 feet.)

#9 ·
i wish we could get ellipsoid type headlight headlights for our lc's

ebay used to sell headlight's that looked like your's sly, black housing with clear corners,

but not anymore..i can't find them..i have them on my car,

#10 ·
damn i wish they still sold em. ill end up just taking them apart because the clear plastic is starting to yellow over on the inside. so ill clear the corners, paint the housing, and polish the outside shell.

any suggestions how to polish em. ive seen polishing headlight liquid but thats for the outside

#12 ·
looks good cant wait till u throw some day shots up and slyderdai ya your cars look mean as hell looks good ill find some pics of mycar some where and see about throwing what i did up but its not painted just clear corner and eyebrows lol but its electric tape haha went to pull it off but said o well then i hit a deer lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.