Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peoples... I need some expert info here...

I've read through a ton of posts about engine swaps... however... most of the swaps seem to be done in early model HY's... or even newer accents.

I've got a 2001 Tib and my engine is ready to blow. Since im takin the car off the road in the winter I want to get rid of the stock engine and swap it out with something else. I've been seeing a lot of info about the Mitsu 4g63T ... and what's needed... etc.

So I guess my question(s) are.... what possible engine's can I swap into the car? Am I going to have a problem with how the current setup is in terms of engine/tranny location? .... any and all info would be greatly appreciated as I am a rookie when it comes to engine swaps. So I am begging the HY community to help out a fellow tuner.

Thanks guys... i'm going to continue through some old posts to see if I can find anything.

.......... after doing A LOT of searching... and reading about all of this talk about using a MITSU engine in Hyundai's.... can anyone give any feed back on using a MITSUBISHI DIAMANTE 6G72 3.0L 24VALVE V6 MIVEC ENGINE in a 2001 Tib? I don't want to hear that is going to be crazy exepensive 'cuz im not interested in hearing anyone say that since it seems to be everyone's responce... let me worry about the cost.... everyone has a different price ;): .... so ya... any feed back? Im gunna keep searching to see what I can find and post as I go.

[Edited by NrG on Sep 29, 2004 10:15 PM]

[Edited by NrG on Sep 29, 2004 10:40 PM]

·
Registered
21,319 Posts
Well since you are independantly welthy, go for it but you will be the first to do it so you will have to research most of it on your own and figure stuff out for yourself. People can come in here and tell you what they think and blah blah blah but it will be a lot of trial and error and custom fabrications. Personaly it isn't the swap I would want tackle if I was a n00b to swapping.

·
Registered
459 Posts
The 2.0 V6 mivec is a great engine, well in an FTO anyway. The gearbox is on the correct side too and its fairly compact. In Australia there is a Mitsubishi Marage which had a 1.5 4cyl engine using one of these. And they are in Australia anyway relatively cheap to source. Might make it a bit harder to source a manual box with it but at least they use shift cables as well. If you have the dollars why not.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[body]Well since you are independantly welthy[/body]
I never said I'm IW... rather I can afford to do a little more then the average person.

[body]Personaly it isn't the swap I would want tackle if I was a n00b to swapping[/body]
I won't be doing it on my own. My shop and I will be taking on this project if I go through with it.

.... and Machine: I would want to do the 3.0L MIV if I was going to do an engine swap... rather then then 2L.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Woops. Didnt notice that. Was wondering why you were referring to a different car. Just get out the tape measure and start measuring. As long as it fits it can be made to work. Just the work is going to be all custom hence the big $$$.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts