Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
looking at 2015-up Azera
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello one and all!

I am still in the shopping phase but I have long been impressed with Hyundai / Kia. I've rented an Optima and a Sonata while on vacation but the car that has my full attention is the Azera. The good looks, nice features and that lovely V6 engine are the recipe that tickles my fancy.
As happens so often with me, I tend to wind up falling for cars with little-to-no aftermarket support. I typically don't do heavy modding but I will upgrade brakes, exhaust, intake and possibly a tune. This car would be my daily driver so I have nothing extreme in mind. I also do a lot of highway cruising and the Azera seems well suited for the task.
I noticed the forum had no specific section for the car but are there any Azera owners here? Do mods to other models interchange with Azera in any way? Are there specific problems with the Azera I should know about?
Thanks in advance and glad to be aboard!

·
Registered
looking at 2015-up Azera
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was searching for the meaning of the name "Azera" and discovered its a feminine name of Arabic descent. Then I ran across this in the Urban Dictionary...
Azera - A Beautiful, Powerful, Magical Woman. Wise One. An Enigma to most. Faithful and Full of Love. People person, but can be reclusive at times. Understands "Oneness"
Gotta love that for a car!

·
Registered
looking at 2015-up Azera
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don’t think a girls name makes it a girls car any more than naming a car Tiburon makes it a boat

·
Registered
looking at 2015-up Azera
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It’s nice to know it doesn’t take long on a forum to find someone opinionated about what’s right, wrong or acceptable for everyone else. What exactly makes one car “manly” and another “feminine” besides your particular point of view? Do we all need to consult you before we make a purchase to decide if there is an adequate testosterone level?
So anyone who may have purchased a 300hp sedan with a few lux features is automatically inadequate? LOL
I’ll make sure to reference you as a consultant if they can tear you away from your crayons.

·
Registered
looking at 2015-up Azera
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In short, I’m old enough to not give a damn what you think

1 - 8 of 8 Posts