Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have installed brand new speakers(all 4) into my 2000 hyundai accent. on certain songs or the radio when i turn it up a little more then half(not that loud) the speakers sounds awful like cracking/popping noises. i would have to turn it down which is soft just to get rid of the popping/cracking noises. could it be new wiring? i just connected the speakers to the previous wiring. the speakers is connected to a sony xplod deck(bought the car with it already installed). im also having trouble trying to remove the deck.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
43 Posts
could be you crossed the wires.... of the amp on the deck is wack

·
Registered
43 Posts
yea the one built in the head unit....your best bet is to buy a new one...there are really good cheap ones at best buy

·
Registered
65 Posts
maybe the new speakers need to be grounded better than stock? not sure, maybe there is some bad intereference with the deck, or they're popping because they actually need more power to push the signal than the existing 45 rms?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
does this mean i should just run crossovers or just hook the speakers up to an amp. was thinking of putting crossovers and putting a sub in the back.

·
Registered
127 Posts
my buddy had a old ford mustang that did the same thing when he installed his speakers and i fixed it easy lol he had the ground and power swapped make sure you have the power and ground wires on there correctly it will still play but it will sound like **** if the wires are swapped

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the reply man. what do you mean by "make sure you have the power and ground wires on there correctly"?

·
Registered
43 Posts
He Means Make Sure You Have The Positive And The Negative On The Speakers Correctly Wired With Car Wiring. As For Adding A Sub....well It Will Kinda Cover The Distortion But The Higher You Put The Volume It Will Still Sound Distorted

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so should i just re-wire all the speakers? if the positive and negative are switched wouldn't the speakers not work at all?

·
Registered
127 Posts
na if you put the ground on the positive and vise versa then it will just come out crappy and choppy sounding when it gets louder and it wont have full potential not to mention hurt the speakers all im saying is make sure you have the positive on the positive and ground on the ground cause my friend installed his 6x9's backwards and the louder they got shittier they sounded and i swapped the wires cause i noticed it and then they sounded great, so just an idea to check

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i jus swapped out the deck and now it works perfect. guess the deck was crappy. my neighbor did everything and he told me that the deck was extremly hot(which was a surprise to him, not sure if its normal)

·
Registered
43 Posts
yea my deck gets hot....i guess accents dont get the that good of ventilation back there ha...but shouldnt be a problem i have never burnt out a deck and i always have it loud

1 - 17 of 17 Posts