Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doc Im in some major pain I got in to a motorcycle wreck yesterday. And landed on my knee the one that I just went and had a MRI on. I went to the Doctor and they took some x-rays. And found some pieces of bone floating around under my knee cap. They put me in a knee inmobilizer (sp) so I cant bend it. They gave me pain killers but they arent helping at all. Is there anything I can do to help this like ice or something.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Try ice.

20 minutes on then 1 hour off, 20 minutes on and 1 hour off. As needed during the first 36 hours after the accident. Sometimes longer. Sounds like you're going to need surgery to get those peices of bone out from in your knee.

Sorry about the accident, hope your feeling better soon.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I went to the othrapedic today and he found a hair-line fracture in my leg. So now they are sending for a MRI to see what other damage was done to my knee. He thinks that I may tore up my ACL but he seemed concerened with the fracture more then anything right now b/c of where it's I guess. My knee is still the size of a softball or so. Got a quick question how long do you think I'll be down b/c of this? B/c my work wont let me back at all until I'm 100% cleared b/c of the liabilty.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I don't know the extent of your injury. Most likely the treating orthopedist can give you an estimated time of healing.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Doc went to the Doctor on Monday and found out that I fractured my leg in two places. Tore a couple of ligaments but my ACL is in good shape. He doesnt think any type of surgery will be needed. But he said I would be off work until JAN 16th. Sucks but at least I dont need surgery. I finally got a new brace for my knee and they are starting me on moving it again. Right now I have 0 to 30 degree movement. In two weeks I should have 0 to 60 degree movement and I might be able to start putting weight back on it. Man I hate being on cruches they are the worest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts