Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey now I know I know...
NEVER DO A BURN OUT WITH A STOCK STANDARD EQUIPEMENT!
but I did it anyway....
Car = Hyundai Lantra 1800 DOHC 1997model
Problem = VERY loud Rattle kinda clinky noise on far East side of the Cam Shaft
Overview = Car works, Cars VERY loud (can hear it bonnet down driving down the road)
Solutions = ?nil?

lol I am going to take it in but I would like some sort of help on this seeing as its like... Mass going to break soon...

THanks heaps,
Ben.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Otherside North Being looking at Engine, South where you stand, and West and East are Logical :p dunno if its that way but thats how I see it.

And yeah, Otherside, when that Nobby part is, sounds like its inside that

·
Registered
91 Posts
did it make any sound when u did the burnout or just after you did it?

it looks like it could possibly be the timing chain, and before anyone says 'it hasnt got a timing chain' it has, at the other end of the engine. because the engine is twin cam and there is only 1 timing belt sprocket.

pull the rocker cover off and have a look inside it at the end the noise is coming from, if you cant see anything, then with the rocker cover off start the engine, but dont run it for long because oil will spray everywhere, and get ready to clean it up. but while its running, listen and see if you can hear the sound

[Edited by bodes on Feb 23, 2006 1:50 AM]

[Edited by bodes on Feb 23, 2006 1:51 AM]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks heaps man, and yeah it sounds quite good what you say, Because it DEFIANTLY sounds like a chain now you mention it... and like... its REAL loud honestly unbearable standing there saying "wtf" :p

Ill check it out in afternoon after school since its like 11pm and I need to go to school in it,

But thanks again!
Ben.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope too, Spending my Supra Savings getting car fixed :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts