Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need a bit of advice. Here's what happened.
I hit a pot hole and my tire disinflated. I took it off and put on the spare. My tire is no good it's has a big hole in it and my rim is a bit dented. So i have to buy a new one.

I looked inside the door and it says
Car Tire Sizes
P175/70R13
P185/60R14

Then I looked at the tire that i took off it says " P185/60R14"

Now my friend has a tire that says " P185/65R14 "

Can i use that tire?? The only difference is the number 65

And also the tire that broke is the Front Driver Side. And my car is FWD.

Help! Thanks,

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
It is a bad idea to use that tire. The tire is taller than your other tires. That's not a drastic difference, but it's more than you would want to have.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok another question. My car is Brand new and i rarely drive it. The tires only have 30,00 km on them. They are like brand new. Should i replace both front tires? Or just one. I heard they wont sell me just one

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Hah they won't sell you one... tell them to **** themselves and call a small tire outlet. Lol I've bought single tires MANY a time... Tirerack.com or something like that will have them. In any case, a tire THAT size (w/70& tread left) shouldn't set you back more than $30, installed and balanced.

The rim? Heat it up with a torch (oxyacetelene works best) and forge it back into place with a hammer. If it's aluminum, be careful not to hit too hard. You'll most likely have to sand the lip straight if the hammer went astray. If they're steelies, bang away!

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I almost always replace at least 2 at a time to maintain a good consistant ride quality (otherwise they wear out at different times obviously) but if they're in good shape there's no need to replace two. There are a lot of ways as Jed pointed out to get a single tire if your local shops are hassling you.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
it's times like this im glad i got road hazard and tires for life

·
Registered
596 Posts
Just take in the busted tyre to an outlet...
And tell them you want another one of these...
And keep it as the spare...
Then when the time comes for new tyres you only need to buy 4 (provided you dont have another flat).....

Cheers
scythe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wheel bit dented

Hi,

If your wheel is a bit dented I think you need to look at replacing the wheel and tire, as well as getting yourself a good wheel alignment.

Alignment

The link is to a good, easy to read article on wheel alignment and you might find some other helpful articles in this website.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts