Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I purchased a brand new fuel filter from my local Discount Auto parts with the intention of changing it out this weekend. Well, I pulled the pump up from underneath the back seats and was not able to locate any filter. My guess is that the Accent has a non-serviceable filter integrated with the pump.

At any rate, I bolted the pump assembly back in and the car fired right up. The only problem is the fuel gauge now just reads empty and the CEL came on after a few miles of driving.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Car is a 2005 Accent. Thanks!

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I pulled the pump again this morning and the float appears to be working fine. The oddest thing is that when I first start the car up after reinstalling the pump, the fuel gauge will correctly calibrate for about 2 seconds and then drop back to E.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Incorrect. I eventually determined that Hyundai released a TSB correcting an error in the shop manual for 2003-2005 and the following is a direct copy/paste from said TSB.

"For the 2003-2005MY the fuel filter is incorporated into the fuel pump assembly
within the fuel tank."

I still need to fix this gauge issue as well.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Check the wires and make sure the wires and connector don't have any damage. If you pull the pump/float assembly check all of those connectors, check the physical float sensor mechanism and see if it seems to be working properly, that therer isn't a tab that's bent or something not allowing contact.

Besides that you could test it with a multimeter but that's the only thing I can think of.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It seems to be OK and nothing appears to be bent or stuck. Wires leading to the float seem to be intact so I'm stumped there. I can drop the pump assembly into the tank and watch the float rise up properly.

I'm stumped... I may end up taking it to the stealership to let it become their hassle. I just don't know what else I can test for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
dont worry

i have an '03 same problem happened with mine. it fixed itself i didn't wanna go through the hassle of messing with the sending unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts