Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found out that the reason my 2000 Hyundai Accent wasn't running was because of a bad Crankshaft position sensor. The problem is I have no idea where this thing is located. The other problem I have is that I have no clue about location of anything on cars. If someone could give me a layman's description of where this thing is located that would be great. Or maybe show me a pic. I usually catch onto things quick.

·
Registered
737 Posts
all the accent crank sensors are on the front of the block right by the oil pressure sender. that is the technical explanation here comes a simpler one.

open your hood, locate the exhaust manifold/catalytic converter, look down and to the right of that and you will see a sensor which will be your oil pressure sender, from this look below on the front of the engine block and you will see another sensor that is bolted in with one bolt, this is your crankshaft position sensor, follow the wiring up to the connector, disconnect it then unbolt the sensor and give it a gentle tug(they are pretty fragile) and replace it with the new one.

not that complicated but it can be a tight fit so make sure the engine is cooled down before you start fiddling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts