Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need urgent help guys, I destroyed my manual 5 speed tranny. Need to know if there are any compatible mitsubishi, Kia or hyundai gearbox that is compatible for swap on my Beta II engine? Or anyone has a set of Tiburon 5 speed manual gearbox to sell and freight to Singapore? Over here in Singapore we only have 2 manual tiburon and I cant find any spares here. Will appreciate any help.

Thanks,
KimChi aka James

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
i think the GT v6 6-speed will fit the beta II,

The GK tib came with 5-speed manual tranny's on both 4 & 6 cylinder engines..assuming they use the same gearbox, hypothetically, i think it'll fit,

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
The 2.7l's 6 speed won't fit.

The 5 speed from the Elantra will fit. The 5 speed from the Alpha Accent and Getz will fit but it's weaker so not recommended. The Alpha tranny might need new mounts made too. Trannys from other Beta Hyundais should work too, but I can't say that there will be no problems with certainty.

The current model Kia Spectra's tranny *should* fit, but I've never heard of anyone actually bolting them together.

·
Registered
864 Posts
^ agreed

the v6 has a different bell housing....

there is a 6sp beta tranny...but i have yet to see it....

any of the newer kias with a 2.0 will fit and any of the other beta trannies will fit...

to be honest you have the strongest 5sp...its a triple cone syncro

·
Registered
715 Posts
Any transmission from a 2003-2006 2.0L 4 cyl will fit as per the hollander

·
Registered
715 Posts
Any transmission from a 2003-2006 2.0L 4 cyl Tiburon will fit as per the hollander

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I have brought a new set of final drive gear from kspec and send in the gears assembly for cryogenic treatment. Now it runs like a champ.....love the new acceleration and powerband from the bigger FGR.

·
Registered
959 Posts
i have a 6 speed and i can say will all confidence that it will not fit.

take a look at the alpha accent since they are very common.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Kimchi Power said:
Thanks guys, I have brought a new set of final drive gear from kspec and send in the gears assembly for cryogenic treatment. Now it runs like a champ.....love the new acceleration and powerband from the bigger FGR.

whooops. im a little late. nice going though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nah, you are not too late.......my third gear broke this time round. I need a stronger racing gearbox from hyundai man!!! Anyone has any recommendation?

·
Registered
256 Posts
i know that the sentra ser spec V lsd will fit the 6 speed tranny so mabey you should look into the gears out of a nissan box to see if they match. mabey even a mitsu eclipse fwd tranny would fit?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts