Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'd like first to thank you for your great forum... Ur helping alot of people around the world, so keep it up guy's.
Im planing to go for a BetaI 2.0 swap in my 98 accent. But here in Egypt its a bit difficult, cuz not everybody here knows what he is doing. I managed to find the engine, gearbox ....what i need is the wiring loom & the ECU.

So, My problem is... I found more than one ECU, but i dont know how to know the betaI ( elantra/ tib 2.0 ECU ) , from 1.8 or from other ECU's.

So, the question is... :ermm: How can i know different Hyundai ECU's from each other? Does it have a special code or something? a guy here in Egypt had a BetaI 2.0 engine swap & he used the 1.6 ECU, but i dont want to go for this. I'd prefer sticking with the engine's ECU.

here's his car: http://www.egytuner.com/source/events/event11/photos/photo56.html
It had a BetaI 2.0 Swap... but now it has a BetaII 2.0 engine with NOS.

Any extra Usefull Info. will be helpfull. ;):

Thanks again for this forums.

Karim Diab.

Edited: pic.

[Edited by karimdiab on Jan 31, 2006 8:36 AM]

[Edited by karimdiab on Jan 31, 2006 8:40 AM]

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
give us time, some of us have thing's to do in life and we'll help you when we have spare time..we're not customer support.

in other word's be patient.:)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
The ecu code i used on my 98 accent from a beta started with 23. It plugged right in my 98 and im running the 1.5. I am using the beta maf/injectors though which is what made it work for me. With the beta motor plug it right it on and ur off. No wiring!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts