Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

1 ) i'm running on td04 with 2 550cc extra injectors. now running on 0.5 bar boost pushing out 195 hp on crank. 165 on whel. it is a g4ed engine. wanna ask if anyone knows the limit? someone ever did 220hp. :) stock NA engine only pushing out 110hp

2 ) can i lower my compression by adding a thicker head gasket? wad material is adviced to use to custom make. my mechanic told me the distance between my pistons are too near. might lear if i use thicker gasket. is it true? cause i feel that my mechanic doesnt wanna do for me as it is very troublesome. hmmm.

help help help...

·
Registered
16 Posts
if you are serious about it replace the crankshaft entirely that has longer crank arm throws. or increase the diameter of the cylinders.. hope this helps

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
toss away those stupid extra injectors. It will give you problems with the motor eventually.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
extra injectors gives probs? like wad probs. i did that cos many have done it and there are no probs. :) hope u can help with some info. : )

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you are serious about it replace the crankshaft entirely that has longer crank arm throws. or increase the diameter of the cylinders.. hope this helps
but i wanna go a more affordable way. so my question is whether if it's recommended to change to thicker gasket. will it leak? cos i cant get low comp pistons for my car.

·
Registered
435 Posts
thicker head gasket is possible, i aint sure wat motor is in the getz... 1.6 dohc? they make a 3 mm spacer to drop compression to 8.5:1.

or you could get better pistons, talk to Arias Pistons. they are hooking me uo wiht a custom set on the cheap for my next build after i finish this mild build up. all you gotta do is contact them, and send them a stock piston and they will get back to you and hook ya up.

screw those secondary injectors, just dish out the cash and get larger primary injectors from RC or something, less of a tuning nightmare....

·
Banned
5,451 Posts
There's a guy on Hyundai Aftermarket with a Beta swapped Getz thats doing boost. Hes the only one in the world. He might be able to point you in the right direction, as to whats needed. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for al the replies. anyways, there are few of them using other model pistons to fit into a getz engine. it lowers the compression. anyone knows wad model? could it be mirage? or pr0ton wira???

·
Registered
5 Posts
I guess I'd be the guy with a beta swap in the Getz Visionz is talking about, but i don't think i can be of much help, sice i have i 2 litre beta1 in mine, and that's an easy engine to do a turbo upgrade on, but i think these guy's could be of some help to you, they're doing turbo upgrades on stock getz engines

::SFR:: Seoulfulracing Online Store/Community
you might also get some ideas on GetzGarage.com

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Which country are you from to begin with. Where you are on the planet will tell us how easy or difficult it will be to source parts.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Singapore is my country as well(although I am trying to get an Australian PR happening) Right, now before we start hacking into this, I'm going to need to ask you a few questions about your car.

-Do you have an intercooler system?
-What duty cycle are your stock injectors at now?
-Post pics if possible.
-Do you have any means of tuning the engine, ie. Microtech piggyback computer?
-Do you have adequate cooling?
-What do you want the car to do(be very, very clear on this)

All these things factor into how much power you're going to be making. And get rid of those plumbed-in injectors. I can tell you a few reasons why you don't want to do that. None of them easy to understand. None of them your mechanic is going to agree with.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
-Do you have an intercooler system? yes
-What duty cycle are your stock injectors at now? er???meaning?
-Post pics if possible.
-Do you have any means of tuning the engine, ie. Microtech piggyback computer?unichip Q. might change to microtech
-Do you have adequate cooling?not yet. gg to do soon. but i'm doing ok now. cos i dun track.
-What do you want the car to do(be very, very clear on this) just need low comp pistons. wan the car to withstand 14-16psi.

i know of someone that alreadi have this setup same as me. just need the low comp pistons. can push out 300 over horse alreadi. : )

·
Registered
104 Posts
-Post pics if possible.
-Do you have any means of tuning the engine, ie. Microtech piggyback computer?unichip Q. might change to microtech
-Do you have adequate cooling?not yet. gg to do soon. but i'm doing ok now. cos i dun track.
-What do you want the car to do(be very, very clear on this) just need low comp pistons. wan the car to withstand 14-16psi.

i know of someone that alreadi have this setup same as me. just need the low comp pistons. can push out 300 over horse alreadi. : )
why do you want to drop the compression ratio? Keep the tune on the safe side and leave the higher compression!!! better bottom end, better response out of boost, faster to get into boost, and more power with less boost. among many other things.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i wan to drop the compression to make a higher boost. G4ed is not strong to hold higher than 0.545 bar of boost. anyway, ur ride pushing out how much?

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
In other words Wong here's interested in big numbers, not how the car actually drives. I'll try and find some time to reply to the previous one.

·
Registered
104 Posts
In other words Wong here's interested in big numbers, not how the car actually drives. I'll try and find some time to reply to the previous one.
ahhhh so you all think that it takes low compression and tonns of boost to make power....

Turbowong, on 10psi we were doing 200hp on a 100% stock LC2, found the point where the stock pistons just couldnt take the stresses anymore, and we're now in the process of coming out with a whole new beast for next year, keeping the static compression mid 9's and aiming for high 300+ to the wheels, depending on how all the other kinks work out i'd like to push it over 400 but we'll have to see. This is with keeping the car completely daily drivable, plenty of get up and go on the street, and being able to drive it to and from the track no problems.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
-Post pics if possible.

Right Wong, here's what I can break it down to:

-High PSI: If you want the car to do this, you are going to have to open the engine up and get forgies(in Oz, this means forged internals) At the very least the crank will need work to take stress. NOT CHEAP. If no-one makes the parts necessary, you can get them custom-made. EVEN LESS CHEAP.

-Injector duty cycle: This is a % load rating of how hard your injectors are working, without losing spray pattern and thus atomization. What we need to know is how hard your injectors are working(ie. 50%, 80%, anything over 85% and you ought to start looking for bigger injectors and forget the plug-em-in-the-pipe ghetto solution.)

-Microtec: This is your best bet for making power at the moment. When you can play with your mixtures throughout the table, is when you will be able to get everything out of your engine. This should be the first step for bigger numbers, NOT splitting the engine open. With the Unichip, you are NOT making everything you could be making.

-Cooling: Do not proceed until this has been sorted. An oil cooler is a must, as oil is a cooling medium as well as a lubricating one. If you can, get the largest cooler you can afford and stick it in the high-pressure area of the front dam. You also want a larger radiator as forced induction does tend to put additional thermal loads on any engine. regardless of whether you track it or not(and I assume that you don't want to fork out for a new motor should this one go pop due to the cooling system not being able to catch up)

-Intent: "what you want the car to do" means how you intend drive the thing, not what boost you want to run. If ALL you want is to have the highest boost of make and model in SG, then by all means drop the compression through the floor and crank 'er up. be aware however, that more boost isn't always the best answer. Are you a regular at "Orchard Gudang?"

-Intercooler: What measurements, what kind of core, what design of end tanks? This will tell us how much heat it can dissipate. The better the intercooler works, the more boost you can run without detonation.

Please take all these things into account before you visit your mechanic again, and ask him for all these specifics. You need to be able to understand this.

·
Registered
435 Posts
you aint gotta worry about that crank for a long time unless your upping your rpm's.... rods and pistons are a differant story, as i posted before i csn help all accent guys get forged internals

oil cooler isnt always needed... depending on the oil you use a hotter oil will work and protect better

larger radiator aint an issue.turbo cars dont run hotter. thats a retarded myth. you have a thermostat and it opens at a pre determined temp. you dont want a larger rad, you just want a more efficient one.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts