Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, has anyone ever put a 4G15 DOHC in a '96 Accent (G4Ek Engine) before?
My mechanic told me my computer and harness should work back with it and the engine should drop right in.
Is there anyone who knows if this is all correct? Would this engine just swap withough having to get the computer and harness?
If so, is the DOHC version engine a better performing engine than my G4EK?

Just share your views, I want some feed back on any hitches you went through with this (if anyone has done it) and if u can feel a difference in how it performs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I'm not sure if the 4G15 bolts to the tranny or if the sensors, etc. plug in. The engines are nearly identical though as the Alpha is based off of the 4G15 design. I doubt you could run the 4G15 DOHC off of your ECU though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i have a Greedy E-Manage Ultimate that I'm gonna connect to my ECU when I install the engine.
Some of the sensor plugs look the same and the few that don't the electrician says he would just cut them and use back the original connectors onto my wires.
Sound workable to you?

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
You'll need a 1.6l or 1.5l DOHC ECU, but aside from that if the engine will bolt to the transmission it should work with nothing more than possibly custom motor mounts if they don't hook right up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
mate... dont even bother. have you typed in '4G15 tuning' in google recently? not many hits. replace your engine with another G4EK. In mitsubishiland, people swap away from 4G15s to 4G61s and 4G63s. Please, for your own good don't do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts