Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 00 Sonata and am having a wierd problem after installing a radio and HD tuner. I put everything back together and everything looked perfectly normal. I went for a drive to the store and again everything seemed normal. I then get in the car a little while ago after it got dark and realize I have no backlight for my speedo cluster and no back light for my heating controls. The wierd thing is that I have the orange and green lights like the gear indication on the speedo cluster and the AC, defrost indictators on the heating control part. What the hell could I have done to make just the backlight go out on these two things? I checked my fuses and none of them appeared to be blown. I have installed about 15 different radios in my 99 Sonata with no problems at all and for some reason on my first install on my 00 I have this issue. So anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
332 Posts
check to make sure the cluster , heater , etc dimmer switch which will be around the drivers side of the dash or steering column is pplugged in if it is than you nprobably need to replace the dimmer switch had same problem on my x3 accent and had to replace the dimmer switch

1 - 2 of 2 Posts