Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Hyundai accent automatic 1.5l. I recently have gotten an interest in cars/car modding. This is my first car and I think it would be cool to mod it. I want to leave the exterior as stock as possible. I want to add inside components to increase horsepower and speed in general. Ive looked at cold air intakes and catalytic converters as well as exhaust systems. I really don't know where to find parts and the practicality of doing this. Should I just save and invest in a different/easier car to mod or keep this one and take it on as a project? Any help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would suggest you a new intake, some ECU tuning, like injection timing and small stuf like this (done by a professional if you want a running car), or an other transmission but since your car has an automatic gearbox it's not going to be easy. An other way to increase performance is to perform a beta engine swap. This means swaping out the stock engine for a Hyundai Tiburon/Coupe engine. Be sure it's the beta engine or else it won't fit in. I'm not saying it is going to be easy but it is a sure way. If you buy an other car I would suggest you a Mazda MX-5/ Mazda Miata/ Eunos Roadster (name depending on region) or something like a Civic, an old Volvo (pretty cheap and very safe + rear wheel drive for some fun around the corners) or a BMW, differs on what you want to do. Also, this is my personal opinion and what I would do but I hope I helped you a little.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts