Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in south florida in broward county i want to get my chip reprogrammed but i dont know of any places that will do it can anyone give me some names of some shops that could reprogram it or any websites that i can buy a chip from :dead:josh

·
Registered
54 Posts
Definitely don't just buy some random chip!!! Nothing good ever comes of that!

If you have a 2005, you're looking at OBD2... which means that all the guys I know that are into chipping can't help. You may have to convert to OBD1 (change your harness, ECU, and maybe some sensors). This is all going on my Honda knowledge though, since Hyundai is still new to me!

Once you find a chippable and programmable ECU, your best bet is to get someone with a wideband o2 sensor and all the electronics to tune your car for you. I just had my Accord tuned last night (dyno tuning is best... I did mine on the street, and had to repeatedly get it over 90!)

The guy that tuned my car was actually from Jacksonville. He tuned my car and an SR20DET running 14psi in an Infiniti G20. I'm not sure if he could do anything for Hyundais, but I can ask!

ECU tuning is a delicate matter though. It's not as simple as those ebay chip sellers make it seem. You don't just drop in a chip and go faster. If you notice ANYTHING with the generic chips, you'll notice your motor blowing up! Power is usually found by leaning out the fuel mixture. Doing that incorrectly can be catastrophic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts