Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i drive a 2001 Hyundai Elantra VE 5 speed, I heard that by removing the VSS(vehicle speed sensor) it would take off any speed limiters. Well my car doesnt have ABS or TCS and there was a single sensor that resembles a ABS wheel sensor, but ONLY on my passanger side wheel, due to it being broken my CEL is on and i have a cut off at 5300-5400rpm. But after checkin a diagram for my car it tells me the VSS are located in my transmission and behind the cardan. But I plugged a diagnostics computer to my car and it told me the VSS was broken, can someone tell me what can be the cause of this and how to fix it and what the hell is the sensor on my right wheel for?!?!?! Oh and btw when i reset my codes I get full torque, whp and rpm till my ECU detects the code again. Is there a cheap way to fix it or to erase the code completely?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i didnt take it off, it broke but all the diagrams of my car dsnt show the VSS on the wheel, but i guess the only way to fix it wood be to buy a new one....any1 no were i can find one for cheap...i dun wanna pay 200$ for it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts