Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my maf is on the fritz i think. i hate mafs. sooo, i come to you guys for answers.

do a 1.6 and 1.5 ecu have the same plug?
im definitely thinking of switching my motor to MAP based.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
thank god i dont have to deal with this MAF crap, seems like you guys have so many problems with it, i have a 2001 accen GL, and i swapped to a short ram / CAI, so thank god no MAF, one less thing for me to worry about

·
Registered
218 Posts
You still have a maf sensor on the lc. My buddy jonas has a lc, and he found that the maf sensors are very sensitive, so you may want to replace that maf sensor from another lc either from a dealer, ebay, or a junk yard.

·
Registered
228 Posts
If you were to use a MAP instead of a MAF I beleave you would have to get a new intake plenum cause the MAP sensor I think mounts through a hole in the plenum. Im not sure if the connectors and wireing would be the same. Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Yeah you'd have to change a lot of stuff out. Ecu, wiring harness, and intake plenum for sure. Definitely would make your life easier, though.

Izapyou, I didn't even realize you were from my area, also until I saw you posted about knowing Jonas, then it all clicked. Whats up, man!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
The new MAF's are fixe and haven't had issues for about 2 years. The problem was the finish on the filament, it developed air bubbles giving false readings and tripping a code. Since the manufacturer changed to a new finish there have been no issues and the price has come way down. Do NOT get one from a junkyard unless it is a changed up number, it will have the bad finish and you will buy another one soon.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
so i have a maf sensor, but its not bugging me atm, 2001 accents have maf correct? anyone have a picture of this senor? thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts