Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i have pictures of rd, gk, and lc/lc2 coilovers. And the specs. I was looking through pics for rd coilovers and found that they look similiar to the lc2 set up. Just wondering if it would fit or not.

·
Registered
163 Posts
chiboi800 said:
Can i have pictures of rd, gk, and lc/lc2 coilovers. And the specs. I was looking through pics for rd coilovers and found that they look similiar to the lc2 set up. Just wondering if it would fit or not.
rd sleeves fit the LC and LC2... but its gay as aids.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
what do you mean by that? So am i able to get ground controls for a rd1 and put them on to my accent konis. What kinda modification would i need to do to make that happen. Planning to ask eibach to make custom spring rates for the accent but if the rd one already fit then it could hep out a lil bit. Planning to go to the track once every month. So i wont mind the stiffness

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually i dont know what i am talking about lol. Are the ground control consider sleeves or no?

·
Registered
163 Posts
chiboi800 said:
actually i dont know what i am talking about lol. Are the ground control consider sleeves or no?
ground controls are sleeves... good sleeves. Given that you have koni yellows, you shooooould be fine, the spring is actually pretty big if the same size as mine. They are still skinny like sleeves should be, but they are quite tall. you wont have to use a ride adjusting screw. You actually will have to ride the sleeve with just the pirch on top and strut on bottom. (technically slammed) but actually you only lower the car about .5"-1"... to correct that, go get some cheap sleeves to a early 90's corolla. Nice short sleeves. Konis can usually take the spring rates.

·
Registered
163 Posts
btw, nice call on getting the konis. great strut

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sleeves are pretty much universal man. I just dont like them because they are a trashy non pre-loaded suspension (sloppy). but if you wanna slam your whip go experiment. On ebay you can get um for any car for like 25bucks and 25-30 shipping (cuz they are heavy). All i know is if you wanna slam an accent w/o caring much about dampening or excelling in autox, i know the 91-92 corolla sleeves will do that.

·
Registered
315 Posts
ok now i have choice in between 97~99 tib sleeve or 91~92 corolla
i have looked into ebay all they have is for 93~97 i think can you post web site where i can get corolla one?

·
Registered
715 Posts
gjgudqkqh said:
ok now i have choice in between 97~99 tib sleeve or 91~92 corolla
i have looked into ebay all they have is for 93~97 i think can you post web site where i can get corolla one?
Ebay coilovers are trash don't waste your time...

·
Registered
163 Posts
berserko said:
Ebay coilovers are trash don't waste your time...
they are all trash. but they arnt trash for the money... but you get the look you want... and to be honest, with 85stock whp i dont think accent owners are really worried about good lap times.

get some koni yellows and some ground controls

/endstory

·
Registered
163 Posts
gjgudqkqh said:
so far i have found ground control for 97~99 tibby.. still stying to find bang for buck coilover sleeves for tibby
if you really want, ill give you mine for like 10 bucks + shipping I think im gona put my eibachs back in. Minnesota winter roads for the loose... so bumpy.

·
Registered
315 Posts
hay that's what i'm talking about i need bumpy **** because i put 1.5" wheel
adapter with 1.5 lowering rear tires rub sometime and my thought was to put some tight spring with good sturt so i do not get almost:eek: any damping
as well as good sway bar. can you send me your paypal address?
i live in T6R 2E9 let me know how much shipping is going to be.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts