Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey boys and girls..

Ive had a 1996 x3 1.5L for nearly 2 years.. just hit 180,000... its been a dream.. i drive it everywhere everyday with aircon and never missed a beat!

Untill last week when all of a sudden it just cut out under normal driving conditions... no thrashing i swear!!!

I regularly replace oil and filter , just did plugs and leads and it still just randomly cuts out. stop the car.. and it starts and goes aGAIN no problems.

It hasnt happend in the morning yet and i drive for like 15-20min... Its happened only 3 times in 4 days in the afternoons when its been a lil warmer.

can any 1 fix my baby???? :eek:

My brother thinks its electrical related like a sensor and the computer cuts the engine to tell me there is a sensor error :confused:

is this a common thing to go wrong on a 1.5l x3 with 180,000kms??

what sensors can i replace to stop the cutting out?

Cheers

Daniella

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
crank/cam sensor, try those.

·
Registered
16 Posts
oh i hear ya, my car had similar prob, driving along then all of a sudden nothing no horn no lights no fricken indicators and all it was is a stupid little earth cable from the negative on my BATT to to just in front of the fuse box if thats loose or there is corrosian that'll do it. and it took me months to figure that one out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts