Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help needed...anyone know any good sites to get HID's im looking to do my high beam low beams and fog lights

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive been reading up a lil on hid and is this kit with the high and low beam in the same buld

·
Registered
124 Posts
yup, it has both, high and low Hid in one bulb. i've saw some kits that eliminate your high beams, and some kits have a halogen high beam, and some have a moving reflector to change how much light is revealed thus giving you a hi and lo beam, but i have read bad things on the moving kits, such as them siezing or stop working altogether so you eft with either a hi or lo, or even one of each. anyways, after some searching, i came across this guy on ebay and I took the chance and ordered from him. I don't regret it one bit, my only prob was my box didn't contain a wiring guide, even tho it's so simple a one armed blind man could hook it up, but i sent the guy an e-mail and he sent me a pic of the wireing diagram about 3 hours after I emailed him, so pretty fast actually. He has to be one of the best guys I have delt wit on ebay so far. the 6000K is pure white, no blue tint at all, just like a flash on a camera. 8000k would be like an ice blue, and 10000K is a deep blue. any more Questions, feel free to ask, I'll do my best to answer them for ya.

Jason.

·
Registered
3 Posts
you can also get them from kickxtc on ebay for around $70 which has digital ballasts (don't need a relay). Don't get them for your high beams b/c you can't flash HID's so highbeams would pretty much be pointless.

For your lows you need an H7 bulb size and 9006 for your fogs

·
Registered
124 Posts
well the comment about not being able to flash highbeams on a hid set up is wrong, maybe not with all kits, but this kit i bought can be flashed from low to high and back again with no ill effects, and i know this from experiance. i asked the guy i got them from about that because i had read both, yes and no it can't be done, and he assured me these one can do it, so i tried it as soon as i got them, no prob at all. Also, no matter what ballast you get, i highly recomend using a relay for power, this kit came with it, but the initial voltage draw when the lamps are first fired up is extremely high, and can slowly cook you headlight circut in the car over time. if you read a few posts on HIDs, you will see alot of people talking about a buzz comming from thier fuse box, or the lights not working, and most say install a larger fuse to solve the problem.... that's the worst thing you can do, that original fuse buzzin/blowing or the lights not working, is the first clue that your overloading the circut. a larger fuse is just delaying even larger electrical grimelins down the road..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts