Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
= sure engine death right? Since I installed my beta ecu in my 98 accent 1.5sohc turbo my redline went up quite a bit. I wasnt looking for it to, just happened of course. Cant you usually get by with a couple 100s over the stock rev limiter? Just wondering b/c I go one or two hundred over occasionally when beating on it.... Im used to the rev limiter bouncing if I goto far.... Usually i hit the rev limiter at 6250 but I took it up 6500 on accident and its still pulling hard! Dont want to really do that ever though....

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Inertia loads are higher than combustion loads. The increase from 6200 to 6500 shouldn't be that high for your smallish motor. I think that reving to 6500 rpms before the shift is safer than bouncing off a stock fuel cut rev limter under boost. Get you a shift light that comes on at 6300 rpms and call it a day. Thats IMO some of the boost gurus might think a little diffrent. I am going off basic logic not actual hands on. :dead:

·
Registered
631 Posts
What is the factory limter for the beta set at? 6500?

And I'm not so sure that it is a fuel cut limiter. I was pretty certain it's a spark cut.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I think its a spark cut not a fuel cut. Im not sure what the beta ecu redline is, maybe someone else can answer it. I havent tried to find out lol

·
Registered
842 Posts
uhh... can only speak of my 96 X3 sohc automatic... rev limit when in Drive is 6krpm. in a gear (1 or 2) is 6250. it is a spark cut. neat effect when royally spanking another car. the 96 elantra ecu I had raised it to 6500rpm but i'm not sure if this was a 1.6 or 1.8 dohc motor... motor still definately does pull strongly.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I think its probably going to cut around 6500 or so.... Like I said though I havent tried. Originally it was 6250 like you said.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts