Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What possibly could be broken or bent, looks sorta like the axle the wheel is sunk in a bit but im still able to move the car when the other wheel is straight the other one is cocked to the left, my wheel was a bit tucked under the fender and bent the fender in

im guessing the control arm? what else cuold be fuked up

[Edited by ThaSilvaL on Jan 12, 2006 12:04 AM]

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Hah I did that once. Yeah control arm, and maybe teh strut. I got lucky, you may have bent the part of frame that connects to the control arm.

·
Registered
646 Posts
If its a front wheel, right? At 60mph and with the wheel visibly out of position, it doesn't sound good.

I'm guessing maybe axle, hub, bearings, struts, tie rods, spindle, control arm.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I know a guy that did that with a V6 Tib and it did more than just bent the control arm. Fried the rim, control arm, AND shifted the subframe. The hood, fenders and bumper didn't line up. The car was 3 weeks off the dealer's lot.

Classic case of a vehicle exceeding driver skill and intelegance.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was in the rain iono if it was 60mph but i was goin 2 fast for the turn with my shitty tires, looks like i bent the sub frame, sway bar, lower control arm, possibly the strut not sure. Is it possible to drop the subframe without a lift?

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Another time I smacked the curb with my old swift like that, real hard. I took it to a frame alignment place, $140 later after chains were hooked up to my car and pulled, the car was OK.

It may not be soo bad.

·
Registered
978 Posts
best case, 50 dollars from a junkyard for a control arm and ne w ball joint, 4 hours worth of work, not to bad...

worst, frame bent, but probably only the control arm.

·
Registered
487 Posts
the best thing to do is shop around at body shops , more iportantly dont drive it till you get it fixed

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i replaced the sub frame and lower control arm, tried 2 get an alignment but come to find out i bent the inner tie rod too.... so i gotta get that done

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Hit a curb at 45+ in the rain. All i did was fubar the lower control arm, that was $15 bucks at a junk yard. The biggest problem was breaking one of the spokes of my old wheels. $275 for a new wheel.

But you musta really hit that crap hard...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts