Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I had to make a wider than normal turn to get around a crashed car; and I nailed some black ice. I wasn't going more than 20 - 25 kph (about 10 - 15 mph) and the rear right tire whacked the curb.

My stock alloys got a nice big piece broken off (of the face, later checked, rim wasn't cracked). Since then I've had this grinding noise / vibration coming from the rear right. When thought it might have been tire rim being off balanced, but today I just installed my winter rims / tires.

When looking at the car jacked up, there is about an extra inch of negative camber (bottom of wheel pushed in from top). Nothing LOOKED bent (I spent about 15 minutes looking over the shock / drum, stabalizer bar, etc).

What could it be???

Wheel Bearing
Wheel Hub
Spindel
Brake Drum Rubbing?? (Oh aren't the brake drums suppose to have a bolt to hold it on, because I don't have any on either side of my rear brakes)

Is there anything specific that would cause BOTH (say if I broke the wheel hub, it would cause grinding and the wheel hub to be facing downwards (which it is.. at least not level with the other 3).

I'm parking my car for the day and taking the civic until I can take it back to my friends house (or to Hyundai).

Thanks,

Kev

[Edited by glasskev on Nov 27, 2005 3:07 PM]

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
yeah i agree. i'd say its msot likely the sway bar mounts...they bend really easily

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Broken Spindal
Cracked Wheel Hub
Destroyed Wheel Bearing.

Dealer Cost... 900$.

Complete Knuckle Assembly at Junker with 1 year warranty... 100$.

Bahahahhahahaha.

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
wow $100? I got a 2001 tiburon disc brake bearing ass'y (with some mounts oxy-acetelened off with it) for $25.

$100? I buy entire cars for less...

And watch it, the bearings on accents and tibs suck the ass. TImes like these im glad I have a live axle out back... NOTHING can bend that, or the leaf springs holding it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts