Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

and yes, the perches broke and the bearing went right through the pressure plate... lol

is there ANYTHING better than the stock one or a stock replacement? I just ordered another valeo one... but come on... i know the same thing will happen x10 with my new set up.

·
Registered
697 Posts
wtf? how did that happen?

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Originally posted by OdessitPashka
[body]
wtf? how did that happen?
[/body]
boost + stock klutch = ^^that

am I correct? :D

·
Registered
697 Posts
i think it says XTC on one of the plates....

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is a STOCK release bearing with a XTD extreme pressure plate and i was using the xtd 6 puck ceramic clutch.

It happened because the release bearing's perch broke and it overextended right through the pressure plate. Just shows what a lot of pressure does to these crappy bearings

·
Registered
65 Posts
Your's isn't so bad compared to what mine looked like. What I was replacing my clutch and I got the car on the lift, as soon as I starting taking apart the tranny, the ball bearings from inside the throwout bearing fell out from my tranny. It was eight little balls that just fell on the shop floor, my friend and I couldn't stop laughing. The release bearing itself was in three pieces. Apparently the person that owned the car before either couldn't drive or when they replaced the clutch, they didn't break it in right (probably a woman driver :D)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts