Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a quaestion, i was lookin at the exhaust manifold on the civic's wiht d15 motors and the bolt holes look pretty close... does anyone think the honda manifold will fit on the 1.6 of an accent (LC2)?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why wont this work? is it a differant bolt pattern of differant spacing? could the header be modified to fit?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Why not just buy the right headers:??::??::??:

Not only is it highly unlikely the bolt holes will line up, but the exhaust ports themselves may be in different locations or slightly offset(bye bye flow-the whole point of getting them):puzzled:

If the reason is that you found ultra cheap headers on e-bay, I'd still not bother(even with hyundai ones). Too much cheap chinese made copies with poor welds and low grade, thin stainless(they all polish up the same so LOOK nice). They are also rarely 'tuned' to suit the motor(short runners are no good)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was looking at going turbo and thats why i asked, because they have kits online for civics and wanted to know how close the manifold was to fitting because i dont wanna pay 400 for a turbo manifold from shark racing

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
For some constructive critisizm, find someone with a set of Honda headers and ask them to measure. As long as the exhaust ports are spaced within a very small distance of the same as the Alpha (maybe they are), and are the size of the Alpha's ports or larger, it is perfectly fine to chop off the flange and have a shop fabricate and weld a new one on. If you have simple tools you could fabricate it yourself using your exhaust manifold as a template and have them weld it on to save even more money. You would be able to bend the primaries maybe 1/2 inch without effecting flow any noticable amount depending on runner length. Long tube design this is 100% doable in all instances that the primaries are large enough. This makes a lot of sense if there's a particular design to a header or turbo manifold you like, and if it doesn't line up even well enough for this easy modification then a shop can install small sections of tubing to make them fit without sacrificing the nice mandrel bent design. I am not at all convinced this would be the cheapest way to go, but it is probably possible.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you think there is enough space there for a turbo and do you know anyone who has done this?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok thanks man

1 - 12 of 12 Posts