Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an X3 race car with stock knuckle, rotors, calipers and 14 x 5.5 - 4x114.3 bolt pattern wheels.
I want to upgarde the rotors and calipers to Elantra's but I also want to move to a 15x 7 wheel.I want the 4 x100 bolt pattern because of the variety and pricing.
My question is ; Which Elantra's model's knuckle will bolt on my X3 with the 4x100 pattern.

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
737 Posts
as far as I know all elantras were 4x114.3 from 96-05(i'm just guessing years but you get the gist). My hubs are 4x114.3. I think the tiburons were all the same bolt pattern too until they changed when the gks came out(5x114.3 i think). I'm not sure what older or newer elantras use though.

they make quite a few 15" wheels in the 4x114.3 lug pattern, just not as many as 4x100. the different hubs would allow you to run regular style rotors and you wouldn't have to worry about clearing the hub bolts like you now on your x3 with the captive rotors. this alone helps with your wheel choices.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you wanna get rid of the captive rotors you will need the 01 Elantra or Tiburon
spindle knuckle and brake assembly. Yes they are a direct bolt on to what you have. My advise is to find a rim that has both 4x114.3 and 4x100 style holes just to make it easier. Unless you already have the 4x100s. And watch out on the tires. I have 205/50R15's on my X3 and if I have too much weight in the back they rub a little on rougher roads and sharp corners.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts