Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone spaced their hood at all to help cool the engine bay ?

i think it's sharkracing that offers hood spacers that are supposed to do this. My Beta LC runs MUCH better before the engine bay heats up so I bought a handful of washers and raised my hood up about 1/3". It doesn't look like it'll do much so I might put in more, but it definitely leaves a gap around the windshield area that should cool the engine bay a bit. I'll post my personal opinion after driving it a bit.

Anyone else do anything similar ?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much did you lift it ? Mine doesn't seem to do a whole lot thus far. I've only got a tiny crack of opening though.

·
Registered
237 Posts
How much did you lift it ? Mine doesn't seem to do a whole lot thus far. I've only got a tiny crack of opening though.
It was probably 1/2 inch or so. I got longer bolts at the hardware store and used some bearing spacers from my skateboard with a washer at the top and bottom. you can get spacers at the hardware store as well I just went yesterday and picked up some to do this on my accent and the total cost was 4.73

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
yeah, i too used washer's from lowes, if you wanna use the stock studs between the hinge and the hood, you can probably put 3 or 2 washer's for about half an inch of height

if you really wanna get enthusiastic about it, buy and install longer studs,

$4 for a handful of washer's vs $40 for a premade product at some ricer ebay store..u decide..

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
mine is gaped, but not with studs or washers. I just cut the molding that sit at the bottom between the widshield and hood. It did alright, I did want to place a small smoker at my grill and drive down the road to test and see how it works if it does. cause if there is a large amout of air moving out from under the hood.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts