Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up people? I just wanted to say "hi" seeing as I am trying to trade my LS/Vtec Civic for a 4 door Excel....I sold my Excel 8 years ago and then found out about the 4G63 swap and am now trying to get another. So hopefully I will research everything and become a very active member of this board once I can finally trade someone. I just wish there were Excel specific swap articles out there....hope to see yall soon

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha...i hope so. i wrote one on a jdm d15b vtec swap for the eg civic so hopefully i can do one here....i dont know though, have there been many that have turbocharged the little 1.5??? Maybe I'll do that instead. i'm only lookin for about 200 to the wheels so maybe a 4g63t swap is a little over board. i think the 1.5 liter can handle that if tuned properly.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I suppose there aren't many that have turboed the 1.5l but enough have to be helpful. Look through the F/I section. The 1.5l can handle 200whp.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Also too the SCOUPE Turbo uses the same 1.5 as the accent just has internals and well the turbo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info...I will be researching the Scoupe as well. Although an Excel with a turbo will make one heck of a sleeper. A bottom of the line 4 door beating Corvettes is awesome!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts