Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As stated in the title I a hoping for a nice sized tax return this year and with that I want to go turbo. I have an 04 I4 Auto tiburon and have been looking at turbo kits. So far I found the one on seoulfulracing and I would want to go stage 2 super. Go big or go home is what I say!!! I am wondering if anyone on the boards is running this kit. I know it is expensive but it looks like there is everything you would ever need in this kit. Please let me know what you guys are running with and if you are using this kit or if you know of any other (maybe cheaper) that would work with my car. Thank you so much guys and girls

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
I've heard alot of bad stuff about SFR. Have you considered going S/C instead? NGM just came out with their "Enforcer" kit. It's a pretty nice setup. I'm saving for it.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I've heard alot of bad stuff about SFR. Have you considered going S/C instead? NGM just came out with their "Enforcer" kit. It's a pretty nice setup. I'm saving for it.
Ive never heard anything "bad" about SFR but I do know their kits DO NOT work with American spec Hyundai's. ECU does not work. so in fact you can get a SFR kit and use the hardware and just get a standaloe unit to get it tuned. You will be the first Hyundai to have a working SFR turbo kit. :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright so I checked out the enforer kit and will this kit work on my car??? I have the auto trans. And do you know if it needs anything more than the kit itself to run safely?? Like new internals?? It does not look like that many components and looks easier to install than a turbo. And Turbos have the spool up time and the lag and all of that stuff so I wonder if going s/c is better than turbo??

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had an Alpine S/C kit on my 05 Tib for 3 years and have been happy with what it doe. Instant torque and still gets good gas mileage if I drive sensibly. Way fun for a daily driver and the car has stock driveability.

My Alpine kit has the MP45 S/C and I would love to have the Enforcer, it's intercooled and uses the MP62 S/C. It has much more potential than my setup.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I have had an Alpine S/C kit on my 05 Tib for 3 years and have been happy with what it doe. Instant torque and still gets good gas mileage if I drive sensibly. Way fun for a daily driver and the car has stock driveability.

My Alpine kit has the MP45 S/C and I would love to have the Enforcer, it's intercooled and uses the MP62 S/C. It has much more potential than my setup.
That seems awesome man. Do you have anything else done to your tib besides the s/c? My tib is also auto (which I regret) will this work with the s/c? I know that the enforcer says 230-240whp which is nice but do other things like CAI, exhaust, headers give you more power?

·
Registered
237 Posts
That seems awesome man. Do you have anything else done to your tib besides the s/c? My tib is also auto (which I regret) will this work with the s/c? I know that the enforcer says 230-240whp which is nice but do other things like CAI, exhaust, headers give you more power?
The kit NGM has been ran tuned and tested on an Stock internal autotragic. Intake header and exhaust were added.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so basically what you are saying is that they ran the s/c on an auto tranny car with nothing else and got 230whp?!!? By adding just those simple things who knows what the gains are??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts